Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K & N Air Filters...............

Rod-64
    Are they worth switching over to these?
    Saw the ping pong ball demo at my local performance place. Seems to have more airflow than Fram.
    Any noticeable difference??

HCS
    BowTieRick is the K&N dude. Yes there worth it. I put them on all my trucks.
    Did you get a Titan?

Rod-64
    BowTieRick is the K&N dude. Yes there worth it. I put them on all my trucks.
    Did you get a Titan?
    No on the Titan..............I like the Avalanche better and got a lease return on a 2004 with only 10,000 miles. Fully loaded/warrantys, etc.
    I let someone else pay the depreciation.

HCS
    No on the Titan..............I like the Avalanche better and got a lease return on a 2004 with only 10,000 miles. Fully loaded/warrantys, etc.
    I let someone else pay the depreciation.
    I like the Avalanche. Those are sharp. Besides maybe it won't have brake problems.
    I like the K&N set ups. Put some headers on with it. Makes a big difference.

voodoomedman
    With that beautiful Chevy you want to put an K&N intake on there and a Flowmaster.
    Trust me on this one you will be happy.

Rod-64
    With that beautiful Chevy you want to put an K&N intake on there and a Flowmaster.
    Trust me on this one you will be happy.
    Flowmaster???
    More info please..............

HCS
    Flowmaster???
    More info please..............
    Exhaust. Get a free flow exhaust system along with that K&N!

Rod-64
    I like the Avalanche. Those are sharp. Besides maybe it won't have brake problems.
    I like the K&N set ups. Put some headers on with it. Makes a big difference.
    Yeah all the research I did I found out there are brake probs and they are chintzy are far as rattles and stuff. A guy I sub for has pieces of his vents coming off and he is on his 3rd set of brakes. This last set is supposed to be the retrofit so it should be good. The Titan is a real nice truck, don't get me wrong, but the Avalance is built like a tank.......the doors alone must be 4 times thicker and heavier than the Titans. The A/C unit is also what I liked about the AV......Blew 10 times harder/colder than the Titan. I'm hot in the winter so this was a big factor for me.

BowTie Rick
    I may be a bit partial but... F@%K YES! LOL

voodoomedman
    Exhaust. Get a free flow exhaust system along with that K&N!
    Yeah what he said. K&N should run you about 260 I think unless BowtieRick gives discounts and you can install yourself. Exhaust will run you about the same. It will be cat back replacing your pipe to bigger 3 inch or 4 inch or whatever and putting on the Flowmaster Muffler. I have the 3 chamber and love it. Little bit of a lower rumble and more subtle. Can still here inside the cab but pretty bichen sound outside. Two chamber is louder so you can hear a mile away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast