Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smokin Breathers

mach1 454
    Originally posted by superdave013:
    Originally posted by jroos:
    PCV,,,,,,,,,,,,here we go again!
    Gotta love those bench racing fags!LOL
    haha, I noticed that too. Glad your back man. where have you been?
    hey superfag013 and jroos whatever that is, im 17 and just got in to hot boating and that was my first engine that i built. I bet you didnt even know what the hell a piston was! im not trying to start beef with you but i hate when people talk crap when they dont even know me!! i was the person to ask about the smoking breathers. so im not the bench racing fag!

SOUTHWIND377
    I have the same problem I have a set of K&N breathers and I have had oil mist come out of them after a hard day of running. I just got my motor in my new boat and ran it the other day and that oil turned white, that comes out of the breathers. In yalls opinion since it is cold a little condensation should be expected since engine temp was 140 and outside air probably 55. I spin the motor around 6000rpm and didn't have any type of evacuation system. I now went with two evacuations tubes plumbed into the last pipe on my zoomies. Do ya think that will help the motor from trying to puke oil out except in the breather tubes. I haven't ran the boat since I didn't this becuase it had been real cold.
    http://community.webshots.com/storag...kWaNJgC_ph.jpg

flat broke
    Originally posted by BlownChevy:
    The engine i have is a 454 NOT BLOWN, the K&N breathers on it dont fit as well as they did when they were new and are kinda loose, im pretty sure you cant stop the smoke from coming outta the valve covers, but it is a new engine and i helped a friend re-build it. How long would it take the rings from setting and is that a factor in the smoke comming out of the valve covers? thanks for the help...
    BlownChevy,
    I have heard of rings taking 2 oil changes to seat. That should be about 20-25 hours for me. I just built a 468 this past summer and I had some smoke at low loads (3k or so) for the first couple of hours then only when I really got on it. I have run the K&N breathers like you have on my Chevelle and had similar problems. I run a PCV now and of course there is no mess. One important note on the rings is not to run synthetic during your break in period. Synthetic oils will not let the rings seat properly and you could be looking at that smoke for quite some time.
    Chris

Flat Screwd
    Well BC I would check compresion first. You might have a detonated piston. If all checks out OK than a puke tank is the best fix. Mount it as high as you can and still look right . I have made quite a few of these with very good sucess.You might be one of the unlucky ones that the rings just wont set.

spectras only
    Mach 1 454 ,watch out when you post here http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif,most of the guys on this forum had their boats longer than you lived.There's a lot of tounge and cheek going on here http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Don't be surprised if you get roasted after your post to Jroos and Dave,haha

jstwkd
    I must be the bench race fag unfotunatley i dont race Ive worked in the industrie for 12 years. I know the pcv slows your race car, or boat down so much.Its tuogh to deal with. Just giving a couple of wayS to take car of the prob. The kit or the PCV !!!!!!! Whatever works for you. I geuss i should explaine to my fiance know im gay??????
    And unfotoinatly Im not the best at explaining things in detail,to lazy!Thanks lakes only.
    C-YA

jroos
    Hey dave, WAASSSS UUPPP????
    Been workin` way too much. Japs want their LCAC`s yesterday. Building Load Centers also! Bus Bar can suck.
    Mach 1 454, damn dude ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a piston? what the F` is that! I`m workin` with Turbines on a hovercraft. 17,,,,,,slick you gotta long way to go,,,,,,,,,,shit I bet you haven`t even tasted trani fluid yet. Watch out `cause it makes your mouth numb!
    GOTTA, and I meen Gotta love those bench racing fags.

jroos
    jstwkd, you no WHAT? UUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH What? I don`t get it? And the kit? Uh, hey pal enlighten my dumbass on this power proven kit for race cars and boats? `cause I will then (if cost effective) use it. I bet it has to do with the $1000 valve covers made out of Kevlar and resist water with the oil galleys for the rockers and the see thru tops with dial a cylinder for crankcase pressure scavenging. And I bet this kit comes with a state of the art "digitized" secret decoder ring.
    Better yet, sounds like a good idea you explain to your fiance the gay situation.
    Gotta love those bench racing fags!
    [This message has been edited by jroos (edited January 10, 2002).]

jstwkd
    HAHAHAHAHA! Hey jroos I never said anything about a pcv making you go faster just that it will get rid of the oil in the boat problem. As far as the (KIT) goes all I was trying to say was if you dont like the way a pcv looks there are other optoins Yes alum. valve covers,breathers,fittings,and line. Oh and you'll actually have to go to the store and put the kit together. Im just to lazy to draw you a picture.As far as speed the way you stated your comment sounded like you thought the pcv valve will make the boat slower.Im pretty secure with sexuality so you can call what ever makes you feel good man. sorry for getting involved in the question. just giving my thoughts. C-YA

mach1 454
    Mach 1 454, damn dude ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a piston? what the F` is that! I`m workin` with Turbines on a hovercraft. 17,,,,,,slick you gotta long way to go,,,,,,,,,,shit I bet you haven`t even tasted trani fluid yet. Watch out `cause it makes your mouth numb!
    GOTTA, and I meen Gotta love those bench racing fags.[/B][/QUOTE]
    Hey Jfag, well first of all im not stupid like you and leave my mouth open while im drainning tranny fluid, and second of all i work on boats more and there is no tranny fluid in those. And u say i have a long way to go? look how far i am now... i bet u werent even close to were i am now when u were my age. anyways, who works on hover boats, w/ turbines? thats pussy shit... well have fun working on your hover boats while im working on my jet boat...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast