Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which flatbottom?

Chris,
    There are others in here that know more specific's than me. One of the main things I have noticed on my deal is the rocker on the bottom is much flatter than my old Hondo.
    As far as how they run. I am just amazed at how my boat runs in rough water. It just soaks up all the bumps, stays stable & ripps right along.
    I am able to stay on the gas through rougher water than my old Hondo (flat) & my brothers TR1 (Runner). Simply for this reason, I strongly believe a "B-boat" makes a better lake boat.
    Morg

BIGCHRIS
    Chris,
    There are others in here that know more specific's than me. One of the main things I have noticed on my deal is the rocker on the bottom is much flatter than my old Hondo.
    As far as how they run. I am just amazed at how my boat runs in rough water. It just soaks up all the bumps, stays stable & ripps right along.
    I am able to stay on the gas through rougher water than my old Hondo (flat) & my brothers TR1 (Runner). Simply for this reason, I strongly believe a "B-boat" makes a better lake boat.
    Morg
    Thanx morg,just wanting to know more about them and what to look at

olbiezer
    as i understand it.........no boat turns as well as a b boat........fast fast fast

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Alright guys,I am fond of all the old hot boats,why are the B boats so much better than the regular flat boats they are both flat right or is there stuff i am not seing .I would like to know why everyone (it seems ) are so fond of them is It the setup ,built better or what.I like seing them on some of the vids they look great especially the K5 waynes boat Billy Bs and the others they are glued to the water
    "Glued to the water" is not an expression anyone hopes for. :messedup:
    Flatbottom boats aren't all the same....subtle differences in boat bottoms (among other things) can effect ride drastically.
    Everyone is fond of the B boats because they work. You have to ride in one (that is set up correct) to understand.
    As has been stated, the b boat is a great rough water boat that makes for excellent lake use. If you want a dragster, the runnerbottoms are much better.
    True the b boats can seem pricey but thats not allways the case.
    The thread asks which flatbottom is best for lake use not which one is cheapest and still best for lake use.
    Jerry

BIGCHRIS
    "Glued to the water" is not an expression anyone hopes for. :messedup:
    Jerry
    Jerry ,i guess what i mean is, that to me they dont ride high in the water like a runner bottom and they dont bounce around like alot of flat bottoms.They seem to be lower in the water and alot more stable. :rollside: Are those boats so over powered are they on the down pedal all the time or are they setup to run like that and handle that well thanx

Chris,
    Like Jerry said "you would have to ride in one".
    Yes they roll over & ride on the belly more than a runner bottom, But I was surprised how much my boat moves around. It walks & pivots on the ass end all the way through. In fact I have been having a hard time resting my foot on the down pedal when I am not pushing on it at the top end.
    I would describe running a b-boat in rough stuff like running a dirt bike in a whoop section, on the gas bouncing the rear tire off the top of the whoops.
    I would describe running a runner bottom like launching a fast street bike, keeping the front a couple of inches off the ground all the wat through 3rd gear
    You just need to ride in one.

Here,
    Video (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/samples/eoy2003.wmv)
    The first clip is of Ty on the gas. You can see pretty much what I am talking about

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Are those boats so over powered are they on the down pedal all the time or are they setup to run like that and handle that well thanx
    One of these racers would be better suited answering your questions but, when I raced lances 701 boat, once it got up to a good clip you could get off the down entirely and the boat would hang (just like a runner does). Going down the shoot you just rest your foot on the pedal adding a little push here and there to keep the boat stable. It will dance around some but goes right over the slop.
    My Hondo sprint doesn't need as much down to get the boat set but then again it has less power and has more rocker. Once it sets... no pedal needed.

Jet City
    I have a question for the circle boat crowd, how much interior space does the typical "B" boat have? My DiMarco runner bottom is evolving into a pretty decent river-rod, enough space for a couple dry bags (still running "J" drains) and a decent cooler, which gives the wife and I enough stuff to spend the day out on the lake. The "B" boats look like they have less interior space than a runner, is there room for the above mentioned cargo?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I have a question for the circle boat crowd, how much interior space does the typical "B" boat have? My DiMarco runner bottom is evolving into a pretty decent river-rod, enough space for a couple dry bags (still running "J" drains) and a decent cooler, which gives the wife and I enough stuff to spend the day out on the lake. The "B" boats look like they have less interior space than a runner, is there room for the above mentioned cargo?
    There is less room in a b boat due to the longer decks.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast