Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which flatbottom?

WaterBox
    I sold my Hondo Flat & built a Revenge (B-Boat).
    While my Hondo was a great boat & ran real nice. There is no comparison to the Revenge.
    My brother (ColeMan II) runs a TR1. His boat (right now) is faster than my Revenge. We have ran a couple of time & he has not gone by me, Why??. It was lake racing. My Revenge just danced over the rough stuff, While Craig had to lift.
    Now, If we were to line up sitting in the water, with flat water, slam into gear & run. He would never see me.
    The best description I could give for my Revenge is just plain "FUN". I dig runner bottoms, But I built my Revenge to be a kick ass lake boat. Essentialy if you get some one who stays next you. Just stay in it & look for rough water. :rollside: :rollside:
    Morg
    "Well Said" Morg !!

lucky
    lake boats == general purpose == rayson

PE 316
    First of all, I'll admit it, I know vey little about CIRCLE boats.
    Lets get to even more "basics"...
    What is the definition of a B-boat???
    (What does the "B" stand for??)
    As far as being a PRACTICAL "lake boat" - I don't understand it!!
    (From what I've seen, AT MOST only two people can fit in one)
    Why is the deck so long??
    (If it were shorter, you would have room for a second row of seats)
    Last year I got to go for a ride in (and later drive) Dave Sammons' little brother Eric's "Litchfield" circle boat. I was very impressed with the ride of this boat. (It made me second guess the then recent purchase of my "lake boat" ('67 Sanger "Wood-Decker" seating for 5 people))

Last year I got to go for a ride in (and later drive) Dave Sammons' little brother Eric's "Litchfield" circle boat. I was very impressed with the ride of this boat. (It made me second guess the then recent purchase of my "lake boat" ('67 Sanger "Wood-Decker" seating for 5 people))
    B= Beismeyer the original. Boats were then splashed & may have been modified. My boat is a Revenge. I would refer to a boat splashed from the Beismeyer as a "B-Boat"
    Practical is a relative term. what I am talking about is a boat you can run hard in a lake situation, instead of sitting in a cove waiting for the water to calm down, just to have a 20 year old punk in his 30 year finnanced 75K wake bourd boat start doing circles around you.
    As far as the deck. I think it is a balance thing. In a runner the deck is shorter, but you sit further forward, giving you more room between the motor & the driver. In my revenge the deck is longer which places the driver further back. ex. my starter switch is mounted to the motor & the v-drive is pretty much next to my calf.
    Now, I am new to the whole circle deal. I have had my boat out 3 times & ran 55 gals of fuel. I am posting a bunch on this cause I am home all week. I am thnking some of the veterans can eleborate on this.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    A B boat is a Biesemeyer or copy of. The designation was given by our own "CircleJerk".
    I don't think the word "practical" has been introduced here until now. We all know the words "practical" and "flatbottom" don't usually coexist.
    IMO practical is boring. :sleeping:
    When you add a back seat in a flatty it usually comes at the expense of engine placement, sacrificing handling. Lots of boats are set up that way but few have the motor where it should be. Those that do have very little or no leg room at all (like my Hondo). I use the back seat mostly for camera gear, ice chests or to sit one person across both seats.
    I don't know why they designed the decks to be long but I do know hauling passengers was not a priority.
    For lake use the Bisemeyer boats are excellent in less than perfect (dragboat) water giving them an instant edge. Their ability to carve 2g turns is probably overkill but you never know what retard jetskier may cross your path without regard for common sense.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    B= Beismeyer the original. Boats were then splashed & may have been modified. My boat is a Revenge. I would refer to a boat splashed from the Beismeyer as a "B-Boat"
    Practical is a relative term. what I am talking about is a boat you can run hard in a lake situation, instead of sitting in a cove waiting for the water to calm down, just to have a 20 year old punk in his 30 year finnanced 75K wake bourd boat start doing circles around you.
    As far as the deck. I think it is a balance thing. In a runner the deck is shorter, but you sit further forward, giving you more room between the motor & the driver. In my revenge the deck is longer which places the driver further back. ex. my starter switch is mounted to the motor & the v-drive is pretty much next to my calf.
    Now, I am new to the whole circle deal. I have had my boat out 3 times & ran 55 gals of fuel. I am posting a bunch on this cause I am home all week. I am thnking some of the veterans can eleborate on this.
    Good post chief!

Good post chief!
    Learning from the best there king pin

dmontzsta
    Whats a B Boat? :idea:

Learning from the best there king pin
    Morg:
    Whatever you do, don't disagree with J.G.
    That's one internet fight you can't win. :argue: :argue:

BIGCHRIS
    Hey Jerry and Morg thanx for the info and opinions , :idea: I like the circle boats and there look, as far as any flatbottom being( practical) :jawdrop: like PE 316 said, u are looking at the wrong kinda boat they are HOT RODS my boat is a old sk boat it has a long deck and built heavy and motor placement is wrong but it still loves the rough water .I plan on changing it one day but it does alright thanx for all the info guys

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast