Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demon Carb Help

Blown 472
    Alright guys, i need some help here. I still have this problem. Where should i start. Could it be it going lean or rich at that rpm? Should i re-jet. Im no expert on reading plugs. Runs great throughout the rpm range. It just slows down a couple hundred rpms when the throttle is to the floor. When i let up just a hair, the rpms go back up.
    You are running out of gas, when you lift it gives the bowls a chance to refill, what fuel pump are you using and what reg??

Taylorman
    Im about to buy a new one. I have a Holley mechanical. Its an 80 gph pump. Never had a problem with it till i put the new intake and carb on. Their is a new fuel pump made for the Olds, its a 110 gph pump, suppose to be real good according to the guys on the Olds boards.
    The fuel pressure does drop when im at wot, i can watch the gauge drop from 7-3psi. What i don't know is at what rpm the pressure starts to fall at.

bakerjet
    You are running out of gas, when you lift it gives the bowls a chance to refill, what fuel pump are you using and what reg??
    yep, yep, i had the sam prob let up and it would take off mash it hard and it would lean out and slow down simple to fix tho, mallory comp 140 (with a return line).

Taylorman
    Ok, just got in a new fuel pump. Its a 110 gph mechanical pump. Hopefully this fixes the problem.

nova
    I have twin 302s with 650 demons. Never could get the idle down. The factory had me lean the idle circuit by (check this out) putting a small piece of wire (one strand) from like a twisted pair 12v wire. Into the two idle circuit holes on the meetering plate, right behind the bowl. Call them and ask about this. It will restrict the flow just a tad. You may also be like me. The carb is running a bit to fat. I had to go down two sizes on the jets front and back. Now things are sweet. Something else to look at. Your linkage may not be returning all the way back to idle. I found, I could bairly touch the linkage furthur down and drop it about 100 rpms..

Taylorman
    Thanks nova. I got the idle figured out. I closed the secondary butterfly adjustment screws about 1/4 turn and it idled down. Now im trying to figure out the wot thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12