Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to get rid of the fiberglass ichies?

malcolm
    Did a bunch of grinding on fiberglass today. What's some ways you've used to get rid of the ichies?

blown428fe
    scuff arms with 80 grit then soothe with gasoline.

460rogers
    I do a lot of glassing and have found that white vinegar works great to cure itchies I don't like the smell much but it works.

21rayson
    anotherthing to rember is to not take a hot shower take a cold one. hot showers will open the pors on your skin and you figure the rest out.

Bow Tie Omega
    This is what they will tell you/do for you in any ER. After the cold shower, get some 1% hydrocortisone cream and apply liberally to the affected area, as long as you are not allergic of course. Then get some Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and take as directed for seasonal allergies. The hydrocortisone cream is a steroidal anti-inflamatory, meaning it reduces inflamation. The benadryl is an anti-allergy medication. The itching and irritation is basically an allergic reaction that your body is having to the fiberglass. Use these meds as directed on the box and you should notice quite a difference. Good luck...Joe

beached 1
    Pat yourself down with baby powder b4 you go out to work on glass.

77charger
    I use to spray my arms down with spray deodorant then when i was done workin i shower w/cold water to wash off fiberglass.Always worked well

I've heard that wearing nylons on your arms while grinding will help. I didn't do that or any of the other suggestions (other than the cold shower thing) last year when I did a bunch of glassgrindin and was miserable for about 5 days. I was one ornery sumbitch. I'd walk into a room and my kids would disappear. Smart kids.

malcolm
    Thanks for all the ideas, I'm going to be back at it again tomorrow.
    It's not the boat, it's a Frieghtliner hood.

Keithb87
    I've allways just soaked it in cider

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast