Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine hoist in T.O.

Ian
    I need an engine hoist this weekend, is there anyone in the Thousand Oaks area with one I can borrow. Thanks in advance.

e-ticket
    I have one you can borrow.
    Give me a call. 805-482-8799

JetBoatRich
    What are you pulling IAN, the flat?

Fired Up
    E-ticket,
    I might be up for borrowing your cherry picker too. Read my sad story under this topic titled "850DP tuning". At least I don't live far...Ian's first.
    Fired Up

Ian
    I'm pulling the motor so I can reflo the floor and have all the hardware powdercoated. Thanks e-ticket I'll give you a call tommorow. Don't worry fired-up I won't be long

Fiat48
    Ian:
    I'm pulling the motor so I can reflo the floor and have all the hardware powdercoated. Thanks e-ticket I'll give you a call tommorow. Don't worry fired-up I won't be long Please explain the reflo the floor. I am also powdercoating and have "white spots" and flaking in the floor area. I think gas or alcohol got to it. Thanks!

e-ticket
    Ian,
    Will be working on the boat tomorrow so planning being home all day. If I don't answer, make sure you leave message with phone # so I can get back to you.
    Fired Up,
    Sorry to hear about your engine problems. You are more than welcome to borrow the hoist.

Dragboat Dad
    Fiat48 what they do when they reflo the floor is they spray in a thick coat of resin that brings back the shine to the bottom of your boat and fills in the spoots where the resin has startede flaking away. What you need to do is take everything out of your boat (you can leave the strut, fin and stuffing box)then make sure you clean the floor real well, you then need to sand the whole thing with 80 grit. From what I here it's kind of hard to spray this stuff so you might be better off paying a painter to do it for you.

Schiada76
    Ian/Fired Up
    You can borrow mine if you don't hook up with e ticket. I'm in Encino.
    [ February 21, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: BradP ]

Fiat48
    Dragboat Dad:
    Fiat48 what they do when they reflo the floor is they spray in a thick coat of resin that brings back the shine to the bottom of your boat and fills in the spoots where the resin has startede flaking away. What you need to do is take everything out of your boat (you can leave the strut, fin and stuffing box)then make sure you clean the floor real well, you then need to sand the whole thing with 80 grit. From what I here it's kind of hard to spray this stuff so you might be better off paying a painter to do it for you. Thanks! I have it all apart anyway, might as well get it done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast