Thread: Info On Liberty Boats

76ANTHONY
    I HAVE A FREIND THAT IS GONNA BUY A 1981 LIBERTY AND HE SAYS IT NEEDS WORK. WHAT ARE THEY WORTH AND ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS?

Bense468
    Liberty was out of Montclair California. They made a very nice 19 foot boat. They have a fast bottom, and were actually used as circle boats with a turning fin in the keel. They are fast but a bit slippery in turns without fin. Jack McClure from MPD originally helped design this boat. Some of them came with nice parque (sp) floors. My uncle used to run an original Liberty with nice floors and it ran hard. Mike F on the boards also runs one.
    Eliminator ended up with the molds and that is what these are right here.
    HBjets (runs mid 90's with 700 horse)
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...31DSC00577.JPG
    And my buddy Chris' boat (running mid to high 80's with 500 horse)
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...Blythe_012.jpg

Aduner2
    I HAVE A FREIND THAT IS GONNA BUY A 1981 LIBERTY AND HE SAYS IT NEEDS WORK. WHAT ARE THEY WORTH AND ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS?
    I have seen them as low as $5k and as high as $13k. Really depends on condition and equipment. They were a high end boat for the day, and was never a high production boat. I had a 1980 Liberty for years as Bense468 has posted. I don't know when Competition Marine stopped making them, guessing around 83 or 84. Liberty boats had painted on targets, deck and hull were capped, with a Formula scoop color matched. I would be surprised if will will find one with an orignal paint in good condition. Ones I've seen have been repainted.

76ANTHONY
    well hes gonna bring it over monday and let me work on it :2purples: :hammer2:

76ANTHONY
    thanks for the info also. i'll try to post pics, i think its all original, not sure, he said it needs work. well see :clover:

MikeF
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center..._Brochure1.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center..._borchure2.gif
    You can do a search too, to find more info!
    Post the pictures of the boat when you can, or email them to me and I will put them up.

mexrunner
    wish you could still buy one for that. Also gotta love the shag carpet option

NELSON#109
    im selling a 1989 eliminator 19, for a friend. it runs real strong. has a healthy 502, a dominator pump w/ place diverter, shoe and rideplate. the gelcoat is still in good shape, and i could color sand and rub it out to near perfect condition. it is mostly blue with white, red, yellow, and orange stripes. the gell pattern is the same as hb jets in the pictures above (i think). the interior is in decent shape, but could use recovering. the bottom of the boat is stock, but has only a slight amount of hook on the outsides. it is a full stringer boat. has a cd player with 6x9's and two 10's. carpet is in good shape. the engine needs to be cleaned and polished. im still working on a price, but i think i could get somone a great deal. the boat is availible for test drives at lake piru, about 15 miles west of majic mountain (castaic, ca). if anyone is interested, send me a pm. i will have pictures, and a price soon. i havent gps'd the boat yet, but my best guess is in the low to mid 70's. ill be in havasue all weekend, but will get back late monday. this boat has a ton of potential. nelson#109