Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Amp help Roz

h2oski2fast
    Seriously they do work, I sold car audio for 12 years and have sold & designed systems upwards of $60.000. Don't get me wrong not everybody needs a cap, but they do help. Also if somebody buys one make sure you bitch about the price because there is usualy close to a 50% mark up on them.
    Slick
    Ok, I was just toying with you. But this statement has me stumped.
    I would suggest a 1 ferrad cap, use it just on your sub amp.
    If you designed and sold systems in upwards of $60,000, then esplain to me the how you can isolate the cap so it will only be used for the sub amp. Also, can you explain the benefits of a cap in technical terms (I don't want to hear the Circuit City/Good Guys salesmen's version, "It just helps").
    I still don't think you read that thread I posted for you to read.

Flashover
    Yeah they are not cheap at all. And they are actually hard to sell to some people because they just sit there next to your amp and people want to see them do something. But hey what can ya do...

Havasu Hangin'
    But hey what can you do?

Flashover
    Ok, I was just toying with you. But this statement has me stumped.
    If you designed and sold systems in upwards of $60,000, then esplain to me the how you can isolate the cap so it will only be used for the sub amp. Also, can you explain the benefits of a cap in technical terms (I don't want to hear the Circuit City/Good Guys salesmen's version, "It just helps").
    You isolate the cap to the sub amp by using a fused distribution block on your 4 guage pawer cable. you run 1. 4 guage or larger power cable into the block and it distributes that into seperate leads to each amp with a fuse. then you put the cap inline between the fused distribution and the amp. make sure to put it on the power lead that is running to the amp that you want to use it for. The way they work is like an instatanious back up supply of stored voltage for your amp. When you have it cranked and the bass is goin good it is constantly draining the voltage from the smaller caps inside your amp, when those caps drain that is when your amp clips and sounds like shit. so if you have this large cap close to your amp that is getting a constant supply of power from the battery then the internal caps can stay constantly filled with voltage. it also makes it eiser on your battery and your alternator, because instead of having to supply power to a constantly changing need of voltage it just needs to keep the cap charged.

h2oski2fast
    You isolate the cap to the sub amp by using a fused distribution block on your 4 guage pawer cable. you run 1. 4 guage or larger power cable into the block and it distributes that into seperate leads to each amp with a fuse. then you put the cap inline between the fused distribution and the amp. make sure to put it on the power lead that is running to the amp that you want to use it for. The way they work is like an instatanious back up supply of stored voltage for your amp. When you have it cranked and the bass is goin good it is constantly draining the voltage from the smaller caps inside your amp, when those caps drain that is when your amp clips and sounds like shit. so if you have this large cap close to your amp that is getting a constant supply of power from the battery then the internal caps can stay constantly filled with voltage. it also makes it eiser on your battery and your alternator, because instead of having to supply power to a constantly changing need of voltage it just needs to keep the cap charged.
    So your saying that the voltage won't back feed through the wire to the distro-block over to another amp? How does the electricity know where to go to find the sub amp?

Flashover
    I never sold zapco but have fun at dinner, reps always like to show people a good time.

Flashover
    So your saying that the voltage won't back feed through the wire to the distro-block over to another amp? How does the electricity know where to go to find the sub amp?
    Because It is at the sub amp and the amp it is constantly drawing power from the cap. If that were the case you could make the same argument without the cap.

Flashover
    Are you just fu%&*g with me or do you realy want to know?

Havasu Hangin'
    Don't caps have resistance (an ESR value)?

Flashover
    Couldn't tell ya i just know that supply extra voltage to your amp. I dont think they have a certain amount of resistance like a speaker does (ohms)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast