Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrust Pattern

Boatcop
    I don't know what else to call it.
    Most of the jets I've run (Spectra 18 454/Berk - Sea-Doo Challenger Merc 200 Sport Jet [I know, but it's a work boat] =JetCraft 350 Kodiak) have the jet thrust pattern fairly compact and cylindrical, like water from a hose with only a slight spread.
    My Spectra 20 (455 OLDs Jacuzzi WJ/B) has the pattern more like a fan. It spreads out more from the nozzle than others I've run and seen.
    Is this pretty normal? I inspected the nozzle and inside into the pump, and didn't see anything that jumped out at me as being abnormal.
    Can anyone enlighten me here?

riverbound
    Maybe its because you are special :wink:

Boatcop
    A thousand comedians out of work and........
    That's it Bill. No more private security on the River House. You're on your own now. I'll let that Handyman clean you out lock, stock, barrell, and patio fireplace.

riverbound
    That's it Bill. No more private security on the River House. You're on your own now. I'll let that Handyman clean you out lock, stock, barrell, and patio fireplace.

We got another one that runs on Propane now. You will have to stop by. The handyman is doing a good job of cleaning out the checking account. It's so much easier to pay someone than do it yourself.

Havasu Hangin'
    Did you put your thumb over it?

bp
    I don't know what else to call it.
    Most of the jets I've run (Spectra 18 454/Berk - Sea-Doo Challenger Merc 200 Sport Jet [I know, but it's a work boat] =JetCraft 350 Kodiak) have the jet thrust pattern fairly compact and cylindrical, like water from a hose with only a slight spread.
    My Spectra 20 (455 OLDs Jacuzzi WJ/B) has the pattern more like a fan. It spreads out more from the nozzle than others I've run and seen.
    Is this pretty normal? I inspected the nozzle and inside into the pump, and didn't see anything that jumped out at me as being abnormal.
    Can anyone enlighten me here?
    four very different pumps, specifically very different bowls and nozzles. not to mention size/weight of the boats themselves. yes, what you're seeing back there would be very different from the different pump/bowl/nozzle combos. dunno if any of it's abnomal.

19Kona
    I am in Parker too (well on the weekends - the good ones). We just got a place toward the south end where the Indian Reservation starts.
    Anyway, I had the Jacuzzi WJ on my 1st boat a 19' Challenger. It is a different pump from the Berk I have now, but I would say on par as far as performance. I do remember the spray pattern being different.
    Is the B impeller to small for the 455. What is your cruising RPM?
    Ok, one question for the locals, where is a good place to launch on the river south of the Blue Water?

Ken F
    Allan,
    My previous boat had a Jacuzzi, and yes that sounds pretty normal.
    Even with a Snoot & Agressor divirter, the rooster was quite a lot wider than say a Berk or Dominator.
    They are two different types of pumps, so yes it's going to be different.
    Ken F

Boatcop
    I am in Parker too (well on the weekends - the good ones). We just got a place toward the south end where the Indian Reservation starts.
    Anyway, I had the Jacuzzi WJ on my 1st boat a 19' Challenger. It is a different pump from the Berk I have now, but I would say on par as far as performance. I do remember the spray pattern being different.
    Is the B impeller to small for the 455. What is your cruising RPM?
    Ok, one question for the locals, where is a good place to launch on the river south of the Blue Water?
    Thanks all. Was just curious.
    I don't think the B impeller is too small. The boat cruises at about 2500 RPMs just fine. Comes up on plane instantly. WOT just under 5,000. I'm putting a Torker and 750 on it this fall, so we'll see what difference that makes. I'm not loking for a lot of speed, just a family cruiser.
    In south of Bluewater, do you mean below Headgate Dam? Wheeler Inn or Blue Water Park on the CA side for launching.

19Kona
    Hmm, 2500 RPM cruise with a B. I cruise at about 3k RPM with an A Berk. Now I remember that my Jacuzzi had the AB custom cut, and cruised at just over 3K. But, maybe you have a tighter pump. I would actually like to get my RPMs down as well.
    You will like the tourquer on the motor (livens things up). I remember when I had the 455, I plyaed with the jets in the carb quite a bit and got a lot out of that cheap (parts) work.
    We are located in the Marina View Estates, just south of Riverside Dr and 95 interchange.
    You may have seen our boat at the docks it is the white and pumpkin Spectra 20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast