Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil pressure

carreraboat
    does anyone make a hi-po filter without a paper element?

LakesOnly
    Once again, some interesting reading...
    http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfi...lterstudy.html
    LO

VD CRUISER
    I too have had oil pressure problems with certain filters, don't believe that it was Fram though. I use a Dan Olson block mounted oil cooler and once I had run the engine several hours and lost oil pressure, but when I changed the filter the oil pressure was fine. I have also had some of the more expensive filters not want to tighten up enough to seal. Blew oil everywhere.

carreraboat
    Thanks lakes very good info!

GofastRacer
    carreraboat:
    does anyone make a hi-po filter without a paper element? System-1, a steel mesh cleanable filter!..

matt1
    So is baldwin a good filter if so I can get those free from work.I think its a B2 filter that fits the 460 ford.

GofastRacer
    Baldwins are supposed to be one of the better ones!. I tried one once, blew the case out at 70lbs pressure!.

Doug H.
    Im happy to post on this issue since learning more about it from you guys, i use to be a fram guy for many years (chevelles, camaros etc.)now owning a boat and reading the threads and feed back im 100% sure about using NAPA GOLD, BALDWIN, WIX over fram and most others, i currently use wix with the peace of mind that it will do the job, let's face it this the cheapest insurance you can put on your motor no doubt. the funny thing is my openbow commander jet is slow and heavy, 50mph at 4200rpm's i need any extra protection i can get but you guys out there with serious you need it more, so spend an extra dollar or two for quality filters.

Floored
    Fram 30 psi NAPA/WIX 55-60 all day nuff said eek!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12