Thread: Dual Holley 660 carbs setup

Cole Sanger
    I need all the help I can get on this one. I am about to start my 468 BBC. It has somewhere around 12.5:1 compression. I am looking for a good starting place on the air/fuel screws and idle screws. I could probably wing it if there were just one, but two is way out of my realm - at the moment. The cam was broken in last year, but the engine hasn't run since. I took the heads off to have new valve seats put in, and it is now time to get it going. I was thinking of going through the whole cam break in procedure again, since it won't hurt to do it twice.
    Since I am asking about my fuel system, what fuel pressure should I have to the carbs? I have a -8 line all the way to my fuel rail, where my fuel pressure gauge is, then two -6 lines to each carb. Thanks for the help.

Moneypitt
    A starting point for idle mixture is all the way in, gently, and then 2 full turns out. The idle speed screws should just start to ever so slightly crack the butterflys, any more and the idle screws will have no effect because the butterfly opening will negate the mixture screws control at idle...These are just ballpark places to start, as every set up is a little different with alot of factors controlling where the carbs have to be to be "driveable".....As far as cam re break in, shouldn't be necessary, but it won't hurt anything.......MP