Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New msd box died 3 weeks old help 6al plus box

ANY&ALL
    i did as instructions told me to trouble shoot no power to coil from box no spark and pulling the triger wire and coil wire from cap and grounding trigger wire no spark replaced coil no spark it's the box does anybody have wiring for just coil and dist thanks frustrated 400.00 box 3 weeks broke what the hell

frustrated 400.00 box 3 weeks broke what the hell
    Exactly why I've avoided "The Box" all this time. I know they work well (when they work), but they're too temperamental for me.

Blown 472
    i did as instructions told me to trouble shoot no power to coil from box no spark and pulling the triger wire and coil wire from cap and grounding trigger wire no spark replaced coil no spark it's the box does anybody have wiring for just coil and dist thanks frustrated 400.00 box 3 weeks broke what the hell
    third time I have shipped a msd back to get fixxed. Going with a crane hi6 next time buddy has had one for many years and never a problem, better rev limter too.

sanger rat
    I'll never understand what you guys do to your MSD boxes. Mine has been in the S-10 then the Nova and now in the boat for over a year now. Never one lick of trouble.

I'll never understand what you guys do to your MSD boxes. Mine has been in the S-10 then the Nova and now in the boat for over a year now. Never one lick of trouble.
    Boats is different. I'll save this post for posterity. Maybe we can dredge it up later? It's only been in your boat for a year.
    Personally I'm not hip to something that can work when you test fire it in the driveway prior to a long weekend, then die when you go to launch (without warning).
    K.I.S.S. theory.
    My ignition has been described as archaic (and worse) but it always seems to work, and I don't think the "state of the art" stuff will make it any faster, start any easier, or make it run any better (perceptibly anyway).

tahitijet
    I had 1 issue with mine which was my fault.. and the others that i've heard about were all installer issues (bad grounds).. I'm sure they can just go bad on there own but MSD has made a great name for themself and it wasn't by saleing products that for no good reason go out.

Not knocking the stuff (although it probably sounds that way) but CBBB was almost amazing last year. Must've been 3 or 4 of them that crapped out and left their owners out of the action.
    It's just a matter of personal preference for me.
    I can't see having something in the picture that I don't absolutely need, and obviously I don't absolutely need it. Been running for lots of years without so.........

Ralph Brunt
    Not knocking the stuff (although it probably sounds that way) but CBBB was almost amazing last year. Must've been 3 or 4 of them that crapped out and left their owners out of the action.
    It's just a matter of personal preference for me.
    I can't see having something in the picture that I don't absolutely need, and obviously I don't absolutely need it. Been running for lots of years without so.........
    hey squirtcha i was thinking of going with the msd but you got me worried like to know what you are using before i go spend a bunch a $$$$$ thanks ralph

tahitijet
    Yup one of those was me.... Put us on the trailer early saturday. It was my fault though.. bad choice of ground location and i didn't use a lock nut and it backed off causing the short. MSD fixed it up and had it back to me within 2 weeks for 30 bucks including shipping.

Blown 472
    I was looking at those.... Will the crane connector fit the MSD Dist connector? Plug and play or do you need to modifiey the connectors......
    Dunno, we use stock dizzys.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast