Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying this boat down the line...

Blown Spectra
    when i have some money to spare!!! :frown:
    1982 schiada/jones 21 ft.schiada top, jones hydro bottom only in water 2 times,reg as 2000, 454 4 bolt, ls7 open chamber heads, roller rockers, msd dist,coil 6al, gill headers, polished tunnel ram,holley 750 carbs, new full manual 400 turbo, 12 qt. pan, trans cooler, elect cav plate, dual bilge pumps, neavane, casale, NEEDS CARB WORK AND CORRECT PROP
    http://a.im.craigslist.org/M1/Qp/GtH...AOAmygyDKD.jpg http://a.im.craigslist.org/KX/L2/nPB...cU0LqSd4vy.jpg http://a.im.craigslist.org/79/dM/nCh...l6c6fynuxO.jpg http://a.im.craigslist.org/YQ/kH/ohT...5xaA02oAwE.jpg
    i would have to say it would be a kick A** ride. tunnel V-drive.. ohhh yea baby...
    eric

Blown Spectra
    any suggestions or points i should know would be helpfull.
    thanks guys
    eric

I've been watching that on craigslist for quite a while. I've never heard of that Schiada/Jones combo. Pretty cool looking boat, wonder how it works?

Blown Spectra
    I've been watching that on craigslist for quite a while. I've never heard of that Schiada/Jones combo. Pretty cool looking boat, wonder how it works?
    the guy says "nes correct prop" wonder if the boat does someting wierd. transome lift or porpuse, you think the tunnel would hook at high speeds rought waters??

flat broke
    Hmm, wouldn't be the first time someone has sold a boat where "the only problem was the prop". If you like the boat, but are worried about the prop issue, find out what prop would be ideal and work out a way to borrow one, do a cash down demo for one, or somethin like that. Then get that prop on there and drive the puppy. Then if it's still a handful the worst you would be out is your time. There was a VERY clean 21 RT in the trader a while back for 35k It was like a 96 or so. Blown BBC with Bravo.
    Chris

sawtooth
    I saw a '96 Schiada RT for sale last weekend in Havasu, parked on the used boat/car street that runs next to Hwy. 95 in front of the Ford dealer. I think the asking price was $29,000.obo and very clean on a tri-axle, don't know the number but I am sure if your intrested one of the guys that posts here and lives in Havasu could hook you up.

InKahntrol
    I know the guy who owns that boat... he is the proprietor of an aircraft parts business in the valley. Haven't seen the boat in a long time, but it's my understanding that the guys who built it worked for Schiada at the time and used a deck that had a few (repairable) flaws right out of the mold and mated it to the tunnel bottom. Should be interesting.
    Dan

72Hallett
    I saw a '96 Schiada RT for sale last weekend in Havasu, parked on the used boat/car street that runs next to Hwy. 95 in front of the Ford dealer. I think the asking price was $29,000.obo and very clean on a tri-axle, don't know the number but I am sure if your intrested one of the guys that posts here and lives in Havasu could hook you up.
    I saw that boat too from the 95. That thing was killer. Does anyone know the number. Went back a day later to take a closer look and it was gone. I have a friend who would be interested. If I remember correctly it was orange and greys. Anyone have any info?

msmeads1
    "an old ski racer did that back in the early 80's. never finished it to my knowledge. He died a few years ago, probably why that boat has surfaced. I can't imagine it would work."
    ABOVE IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM LEE AT SCHIADA.
    I spoke with him the other day.

Blown Spectra
    "an old ski racer did that back in the early 80's. never finished it to my knowledge. He died a few years ago, probably why that boat has surfaced. I can't imagine it would work."
    ABOVE IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM LEE AT SCHIADA.
    I spoke with him the other day.
    i was gonna drop by at schiada the other day and ask him about this boat, thanks for the heads-up i will still aproach lee about the boat. thanksagain
    eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast