Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: California stickers?

Desert Rat
    Whats with the new sticker crap that California is now handing out with renewal tags? I have AZ tags and soon to have NV tags so i won't need them but was wondering what the info on them was.

JetBoatRich
    Registered mine in Nevada :argue:
    But I hear you have to place it somewhere visible :rollside:

Flat Happy
    What's the reason behind Californians registering their boats in AZ or another local state? Is it due to the type of boat (hence registration more $$$), insurance, personal property taxes, or??
    My '71 Sanger flat is $10/every two years. My brother just registered his 2005 Sanger and it too was $10 for two years. I think his insurance is slightly more than $200/yr full coverage.
    Always wondered what the reason was behind the AZ and NV registrations when your primary residence is in CA.
    Thanks, Alan

tahitijet
    I might be wrong and someone will correct me if i am but i always thought it was to avoid Ca tax which would add alot to a high ticket boat.

C-2
    Calif. personal property tax=1.25% if i remember correctly. Declining every year, reflecting the value of the boat, plane, seadoo (iffin they catch it).
    Rio
    Yup.
    A new Sanger in Cali is going to set him back about $400-500 in personal property tax.
    Do a search and all your questions about the benefits of AZ registration will be answered.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    What's the reason behind Californians registering their boats in AZ or another local state? Is it due to the type of boat (hence registration more $$$), insurance, personal property taxes, or??
    My '71 Sanger flat is $10/every two years. My brother just registered his 2005 Sanger and it too was $10 for two years. I think his insurance is slightly more than $200/yr full coverage.
    Always wondered what the reason was behind the AZ and NV registrations when your primary residence is in CA.
    Thanks, Alan
    Your brother will get a separate property tax bill on his boat. You don't get one because of the age of your boat. I don't know how old a boat has to be to not be charged the personal property tax, but I don't pay it on my '78 either. One of the benefits of having a classic boat.

LUVNLIFE
    Whats with the new sticker crap that California is now handing out with renewal tags? I have AZ tags and soon to have NV tags so i won't need them but was wondering what the info on them was.
    Hey Paul it's a carbon dioxide warning sticker. Must be placed in a visible location. Someone said if you carefully read the fine print it says the sticker must be on when the boat is sold, meaning you wouldn't have to put it on till you sold the boat, but I haven't read the fine print. :rollside:

Hammer
    For your reading enjoyment.
    http://safetynet.smis.doi.gov/califbill.htm

Desert Rat
    Hey Paul it's a carbon dioxide warning sticker. Must be placed in a visible location. Someone said if you carefully read the fine print it says the sticker must be on when the boat is sold, meaning you wouldn't have to put it on till you sold the boat, but I haven't read the fine print. :rollside:
    Thanks Cale
    Some spend BIG$$ on gel and the Democratic Republic Of California makes you dick it up with a sticker! What a bunch of lefty wackos! What next, we don't allow anyone in the water so we can reduce drowning?? :yuk: Jeez this state cracks me up!
    To answer the semi thread jack of why reg out of state... for some it is the tax question.... Luxury tax's IMO are just plan theft!! BUT the fed gov states that you should register your vessel in the state of primary use (51%+) My boat does not get used is Ca as much as the other states so i reg it there, oh and NOT paying LA CO luxury tax is also a plus!

Desert Rat
    For your reading enjoyment.
    http://safetynet.smis.doi.gov/califbill.htm
    Thanks for the read.. Yeah I'm sure the sticker will take care of the situation
    Hammer where in Fremont do you live? The wife and I grew up there. She in Irvington and I in Centerville. Had a house in Irvington for a # of years too! Wish I still had it!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast