Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jamaica..............

a catered life
    for all those lucky people that may be going to the island of fun this week have a great trip and safe return.......some of us have to work to pay for the mounting air conditioner bill's :frown: p.s if you dont bring me some primo cigars it will be nothing but trouble :umm:

SCUBA STEVE
    for all those lucky people that may be going to the island of fun this week have a great trip and safe return.......some of us have to work to pay for the mounting air conditioner bill's :frown: p.s if you dont bring me some primo cigars it will be nothing but trouble :umm:
    Who is going? We just got back 4th of July weekend.
    We got back just in time too, the hurricanes have been hitting the island, recently.

KACHINA KEN
    I'm going in Nov for a wedding, don't have a clue of where to go though.

pixilatedpussy
    OMG...that was funny ACL.....Jamaica rocks! We went a couple years ago & brought the kids! Way too much fun! Didn't want to come home! ENJOY!

SCUBA STEVE
    I'm going in Nov for a wedding, don't have a clue of where to go though.
    Where is the wedding?

a catered life
    OMG...that was funny ACL.....Jamaica rocks! We went a couple years ago & brought the kids! Way too much fun! Didn't want to come home! ENJOY!
    i agree i have been twice every two years but its not me going :cry: but i will be there next year this time
    the person going may not want me to say anything

chrissy
    I'm sorry but I was in Jamacia in 2001 and I thought it sucked. Yes it's beautiful there, the water's warm but it is still a third world country. Everywhere we went (and I mean EVERYWHERE) you got hit up by everyone trying to sell you ganja, braids and wood carvings. It just drove me nuts after awhile. Even taking a walk on the beach at the hotel we stayed at in Negril they would chase you down. Thank god we got home Sept 6th. I had a friend who lived there for a year and she said after 9/11 the grocery stores got pretty bare there.

SCUBA STEVE
    I'm sorry but I was in Jamacia in 2001 and I thought it sucked. Yes it's beautiful there, the water's warm but it is still a third world country. Everywhere we went (and I mean EVERYWHERE) you got hit up by everyone trying to sell you ganja, braids and wood carvings. It just drove me nuts after awhile. Even taking a walk on the beach at the hotel we stayed at in Negril they would chase you down. Thank god we got home Sept 6th. I had a friend who lived there for a year and she said after 9/11 the grocery stores got pretty bare there.
    I agree with everything you are saying, thats why we go to an all inclusive resort, and don't leave. I don't like exursions and all that so, staying on the resort eating like a small prince, and drinking like a king is good for me. (small prince because the food can be a little better) I have been there 3 times, I'll keep going back. The locals are cool, they make me laugh more then anything. "hey you with the tattoos" lol

SCUBA STEVE
    i agree i have been twice every two years but its not me going :cry: but i will be there next year this time
    the person going may not want me to say anything
    The best time to go is in Spring. No hurricanes, and less humid. So your not missing out this time.....NOT. J/K

chrissy
    I agree with everything you are saying, thats why we go to an all inclusive resort, and don't leave. I don't like exursions and all that so, staying on the resort eating like a small prince, and drinking like a king is good for me. (small prince because the food can be a little better) I have been there 3 times, I'll keep going back. The locals are cool, they make me laugh more then anything. "hey you with the tattoos" lol
    Glad you have a good time when you're there. We went to visit a friend who was living there b/c her company out sourced some work. She made $70,000 tax-free Anyway we stayed with her so we got alot of exposure to the people and the island. We had a driver who took us to places I bet no white people ever hardly see. LOL. It's funny every road you drive down someone has got thier little roadside stand selling something. But thats how so many of them make a living, from all the tourism. It really pissed me off tho when we went to see the falls in ocho rios SP? The only way you could get out of the place was you had to walk this kinda winding path thru all the vendors there. I just thought that was a little extreme.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast