Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long Beach Sprint Nationals '05

rossdbos
    For those not going to the CBBB here's another great event!
    THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SPEEDBOAT CLUB
    Presents
    “2005 LONG BEACH SPRINT NATIONALS BOAT RACE”
    ‘RACE AGAINST HUNGER’
    Benefiting Foothill Unity Center
    Saturday & Sunday August 13th & 14th, 2005
    Long Beach Marine Stadium
    (5255 Paoli Way, Long Beach)
    The Southern California Speedboat Club (S.C.S.C.) is proud to present two exciting days of Championship Circle Boat racing, Personal Water Craft racing and Classic “V-Drive” display at the birthplace of powerboat racing on the West Coast- Long Beach Marine Stadium.
    Join S.C.S.C. in putting on this prestigious American Power Boat Association sanctioned event. Race fans will be treated to two exciting days watching championship circle boat racing benefiting the FOOTHILL UNITY CENTER, a non-profit, non-denominational organization aiding in hunger relief to those in need in Southern California.
    Come and see the big & bad ‘blown’ Grand National Endurance Boats going after a National Championship, the Cracker Boxes will also compete for a National Championship in Round # 4 of their series, the Pro Stocks & Super Stock flatbottoms roaring down the straight away at 115 MPH, Formula Light Tunnel Boats pulling over 5 G’s in the turns, the Personal Watercraft Racers “slicing & dicing” and take a trip back to the yesteryear of boat racing with the Nostalgia Flatbottom and Nostalgia Endurance boats All racing classes will be vying for both Series and APBA National points hoping for their chance at victory at legendary Long Beach Marine Stadium. Also, on display, see some of the best restored classic “V” drive boats in the nation. So put on your sunscreen and soak up the sun while enjoying this spectacle of some of the best boat racing in the country benefiting a truly worthy cause at the Long Beach Marine Stadium. Gates open at 8:00 a.m., Racing starts at 10:00 a.m. adults $10.00, children under 12 free. VIP Parking $5.00 For more information visit us on the web at www.scscracing.com or call Ross Wallach (562) 633-6200.
    There are still a few opening for Classic V-drive's to display, if you are interested please contact me for more information.
    Thanks,
    Ross Wallach, SCSC

MAXIMUS
    Ahhh I think I am going to go the CBBB this year...

dossangers
    No SSRA or K'S no ME !!!!

uclahater
    Ross why do you lead people to think SS'rs are coming when they havent even been invited. Why dont you just say Pro Stock?

rossdbos
    Aah Jim:
    Once again just because the SSRA has an event in Marble Falls doesn't necessarily mean that ALL Super Stocks in America will be attending. I spoke with Jeff Brocheuser prior to Burley and let him know of SCSC's intentions and he thought it would a good idea for those SSRA and non-SSRA Super Stocks that weren't planning on running Marble Falls. I was told that there are several Super Stocks (that run the SSRA and some that don't and not nostalgia Flats either) who called and are looking to attend. While I understand that Marble Falls is an SSRA event that doesn't preclude me from letting those Super Stocks that weren't going anyway to attend my event.
    Super Stock will be Super Stock and Pro Stocks will be WPRA Pro-Stocks, one is a Series race (WPRA) and the other is just an APBA points race.
    Next, Wayne, I am still hopeful, however it is diminishing with each passing day that John Hart and his group of K's can attend Long Beach. John and I have been working hard with insurance (both APBA and IHBA) to make this "dual" sanction a reality. Stay tuned on that one.
    Jim, Wayne, etc. good luck with your events and be safe.
    Ross Wallach, SCSC

Aah Jim:
    Next, Wayne, I am still hopeful, however it is diminishing with each passing day that John Hart and his group of K's can attend Long Beach. John and I have been working hard with insurance (both APBA and IHBA) to make this "dual" sanction a reality. Stay tuned on that one.
    Jim, Wayne, etc. good luck with your events and be safe.
    Ross Wallach, SCSC
    Ross, no disrespect intended to you, but John Hart does not have a group of K's. We are now a part of the SSRA and run under their banner. We are in no way affiliated with John Hart. He is invited to race with the Ks at the IHBA races.
    Tony Scarlata

ColeTR2
    I have no clue as to the politics involved but for the sake of the sport please bring back high-quality race boats to Parker and Long beach. :frown:

GN117"Big Dawg"
    Ross, We are really looking forward to the STADIUM RACE! To be with real racers, real freinds and racin' at the "BEACH" - - - THATS JUST SWEET!!! Thanks for all you do!

rossdbos
    Tony:
    I received a call from John approx. 2 + mos. ago asked what I thought about putting the K's back on a Long Beach. He knew the issues confronting me- APBA, Capsules, etc. I told him if he got the Inboard V.P.(Robin Shane) to bite off on it SCSC would put them on. I asked approx. how many he thought would show up, he indicated 6-8. I then asked him to contact APBA's insurer to see if they had a problem with a dual sanction (IHBA/APBA) which they didn't. Apparently the K's affiliated themselves with SSRA during this time. I was unaware that there was any animosity between John and the rest of the K's as he gave me the impression they were all one group. I apologize for "lumping" the K's under "his group". Again, no problem either way. Would SCSC like to see the K's come back, absolutely! I know all too well why they were the "sacrificial lamb" in the whole SS/PS/GN/K tug-o-war inside APBA regarding capsules and I think it sucks considering how many fans enjoy them. Oooh well, live and learn!
    Again, Apologies to any K's offended by my "lumping".
    Ross Wallach, SCSC

ColeTR2
    Ross why canÂ’t THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SPEEDBOAT CLUB do their own race series. Why does SCSC have to have APBA, IHBA or SSRA involved?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast