Thread: Help Needed Driveline

Wet Dream
    I have the driveline, but my swap over isn't matching up. The old flange bolt pattern from the Olds motor is too small to fit on to the new BBC button. I don't need the whole driveline, just the part from the ujoint to the flange, but I'll take the whole thing if needed. This should be just a standard Spicer part with double U joints. Anyone have the hookups on it? Please? Help! Over here. Yeah me.

robk
    I have the driveline, but my swap over isn't matching up. The old flange bolt pattern from the Olds motor is too small to fit on to the new BBC button. I don't need the whole driveline, just the part from the ujoint to the flange, but I'll take the whole thing if needed. This should be just a standard Spicer part with double U joints. Anyone have the hookups on it? Please? Help! Over here. Yeah me.
    Sounds like you're looking for a PTO flange (at least I believe that's what they're called). You should be able to get one at CP Perf or Rex Marine for your application.
    Rob

Not entirely certain about what you are saying, but it sounds as if you have a 1310 driveline(smaller u-joints & smaller bolts & smaller flange bolt pattern) and are trying to bolt it up to a PTO(aka "button") for a 1350 driveline. Did the OLDS setup use a PTO or was it the style that bolted directly to the crank?

berk
    i have an extra bbc pto. it was purchased by accident for my sbc, which had the same crank pattern for certain years. mine wasnt that years! comes with special 12 pt bolts for crankshaft. 50$ delivered, if it doest work send back i will refund less shipping.

Since I didn't trust my memory, I had to go look this up.(Thanks Rex Marine)
    The 1310 PTO use 3/8-24 bolts to attach the driveline. The holes are on 2" x 2 3/8" centers.
    The 1350 PTO uses 7/16-20 bolts that are on 2 3/8" x 2 7/8" centers.
    Berk, just for grins could you check your PTO to see if it is marked to indicate the driveline size?

berk
    if memory serves me, which is only some of the time, and for things totally irrellavent, it is unmarked. i will check.......

Wet Dream
    I went to a truck place today and BINGO!! 45 minutes and $45 later, I was out of there with a new flange and a U joint installed. You don't know how happy that makes a guy.