Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: plasma, lcd, dlp..wtf???

gmocnik
    when did buying a tv get so f'ing complicated????
    $2500 budget...(i'll piss it away on boat stuff but not a tv)
    42-50 inch
    plasma is cool because it is thin...the 16-18 wide projection sets are fine...
    what is the best picture for the money??? lcd rear projection, dlp rear projection, plasma???
    what have you bought and why???...and where....and will you loan me the money....

HocusPocus
    im not fond of the plasma screens yet.. especially if you like to do any kind of gaming.. images get blurry or distorted too much for my taste.
    you really should go Hidef as it wont be much longer and all programming will be going to this.
    costco had a decent 65" tv for under 2k.. if your out shopping it would be worth a look.

Chubby4Life
    [what have you bought and why???...and where....and will you loan me the money....]
    To answer your questions: Phillips 42" Plasma, because my wife co-signed for a car for her sister, (were even) Fry's and last but not least, No! Anyway I agree with Hocus about the hi-def part as I believe all brodcasting will be in that format by the begining of the year. I bought the Plasma because I couldn't afford the LCD version. I'm not that impressed with the broadcast channels (non HD) but the DVD quality is great.

Dave C
    I got an LCD, HDTV is great on this!. I did this rather than the plasma cuz the bulb is replacable.
    I didn't like the DLP's for some reason
    what ever you get make sure its HDTV!
    oh if there is lots of glare in your house, check out a plasma HDTV (not EDTV)

h2oski2fast
    Dlp.

2Driver
    Plasma fit our bill as we were looking for something that would not wash out if the room was bright (sun) and could be viewed at all angles. Thin too.
    www.circuitcity.com has a nice education part to their web site. The link is usually present when you are shopping. Try it
    see ya

Dawn Patrol
    when did buying a tv get so f'ing complicated????
    $2500 budget...(i'll piss it away on boat stuff but not a tv)
    42-50 inch
    plasma is cool because it is thin...the 16-18 wide projection sets are fine...
    what is the best picture for the money??? lcd rear projection, dlp rear projection, plasma???
    what have you bought and why???...and where....and will you loan me the money....
    Get ahold of Roz. He's the one that can hook ya up with anything electronic.

ROZ
    Plasma fit our bill as we were looking for something that would not wash out if the room was bright (sun) and could be viewed at all angles. Thin too.
    www.circuitcity.com has a nice education part to their web site. The link is usually present when you are shopping. Try it
    see ya
    Actually it's just the opposite if you're speaking of glare... Since plasma tv's have glass screen, they are what have glare issues. Flat panel LCD is what is better in rooms with a lot of glare. A room being bright is another issue...

ROZ
    Get ahold of Roz. He's the one that can hook ya up with anything electronic.
    yea

BajaMike
    yea
    Roz, what do you think?? The DLP I have seen seems to be the sharpest, brightest....also the Sony XBR projection....just unbelievably sharp and bright.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast