Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A little puzzled??

SummitKarl
    LOL!!! Another Ford fanatic. I personally am a Mustang man myself but could not pass up the $3300 price tag of this boat. It's a mean son of a B. :crossx:
    HOLLY CR&P!!! did you have a gun pointed at the salesman, darn good price!!! hope the problem is just plumbing, it looks like a mean SOB, but so is a ALL ALU 347 in a Falcon

'78 gt boat
    All I told the store manager is I would give him what he gave on trade and he said ok. This company sells mostly trophy fishing boats and yachts. They also sell a lot of bayliner little ski boats. After I bought it he told me he had someone offer 6K for it before I picked it up. He told me he had the phone number of the guy and I said no thanks. I certainly hope it's just the plumbing!!

'78 gt boat
    I stopped by and followed the plumbing of the boat so here it is. From the pump tubing goes to a T under the motor. From there it goes to either side of the block. Out of the bottom of the tunnel ram is another T to the headers, and out of the theromostat housing is the dump out the back of the boat. Does this sound right to anyone? I don't think ant of the T's are bassett so I'm not sure of they have the spring and ball inside. All lines seem to be the same size, just a little old.http://www.hostimage.net/images/78gt/boat3.jpg

SummitKarl
    that pisser out the thermostat don't sound right AT ALL!!!

The t-stat setup is missing it's bypass plumbing. Possibly there is no t-stat, bypass valve and spring inside the housing? If the stat is in there, all the excess pressure present when stat is closed will be forcing water to flow through the header lines, whether there is a "t-valve" present or not. Note that header water is being taken off at the manifold crossover.
    Like Cas said, if you want someone very knowledgeable to look that boat over for you, Glen at Pleasure Boat Specialties is real close by.

Wonderboy
    My friend just had a very similar problem. Turned out it was the intake manifold gasket. He has a gate valve that he can use to adjust the amount of water flowing through the engine. He accidently set it too high and the water was blowing by the gasket.

'78 gt boat
    I stopped by PBS on Sat and they were closed. I will check tomorrow. The place is less than 5 miles from where the boat is at. Hope it can get fixed by next weekend so I can take it out. The boat place said they would cut me a check for the cost of the repairs because they are not a jet boat company and don't know anything about them.

Glen is an avid boater and has a real nice jetboat. Probably out somewhere enjoying this killer weather. He has made it to a few of our NorCal events over the last couple years.

'78 gt boat
    Can't wait to get it out and possibly get to one of these events. They sound like a lot of fun

ANY&ALL
    IF you pull the thero stat housing you should find, thermo stat, spring on top of thermo stat and a black round piece of plastic if this is all there your doing good. next your tee underneth the motor, good then where the water pump usally mounts there should be a t threaded into each side, the two water inlets go into the botttom of the tees then 2 more hoses from the tee to the top of the therm stat housing. the two holes on bottom one is overboard and other is headers with a bassett tee make sure if you have a gate valve in your system at the pump to open all the way and verify that the themo stat in the housing is a 160
    If anyone else reads this post that knows how to attach links please find and attach the rex marine thermo stat housing directions I'm sorry dont now how
    P.S. if you get it running right well have to meet up and give them a run theres not tons of them out there. chad 209-267-5885 I'm about 1.5 hrs away

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123