Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Brought out of storage....

FILUCKY
    Hey Steelcomp tha was a great post. I thought i would add that since the mid-80's ford as made avalible most of their prostock BBF heads, blocks and intakes to the general public. In building both of my BBF race motors one being a A460 headed motor and my full race engine being a C460 headed motor i honestly don't think i could have built the same HP in a chev for the same money. And I have been treated great buy the big time Ford prostock guys that have been a great help to me build my BBF's, Its too bad more more guys don't look into BBF's when building big Hp. motors.

Floored
    Sometimes it isn't just about FAST, but stylin. I live at the river and all I see is BBC,BBF,Olds 455's. They are OK, but show me a detailed Hemi or RB, 427 side oiler, Boss motor, Nailhead and I will look twice or more. Sometimes its nice to be different,not to prove a speed point, just to break out of the cookie cutter mold, stand out. With a boat like that Sanger old guys will walk up and tell you stories and kid will say" Holy shit, what is that". I, personally, wouldn't part with it for the world, or part it out. Old school is Cool!!!

steelcomp
    Sometimes it isn't just about FAST, but stylin. I live at the river and all I see is BBC,BBF,Olds 455's. They are OK, but show me a detailed Hemi or RB, 427 side oiler, Boss motor, Nailhead and I will look twice or more. Sometimes its nice to be different,not to prove a speed point, just to break out of the cookie cutter mold, stand out. With a boat like that Sanger old guys will walk up and tell you stories and kid will say" Holy shit, what is that". I, personally, wouldn't part with it for the world, or part it out. Old school is Cool!!!
    Ten-four that!!

steelcomp
    Hey Steelcomp tha was a great post. I thought i would add that since the mid-80's ford as made avalible most of their prostock BBF heads, blocks and intakes to the general public. In building both of my BBF race motors one being a A460 headed motor and my full race engine being a C460 headed motor i honestly don't think i could have built the same HP in a chev for the same money. And I have been treated great buy the big time Ford prostock guys that have been a great help to me build my BBF's, Its too bad more more guys don't look into BBF's when building big Hp. motors.
    It's unfortunate that Bob Glidden bought out the entire Ford Hemi program when he was running. There were a group of guys that went through the Roots head design and perfected it, and built an '84 TBird pro stock car, legal, that ran 7.14,s at 190-something. They were looking at 6's and 200 WAY before anyone was even close. The car was an experiment, and was scrapped, but proved what could be done with the power and chassis. There were things done on that car that still can't be talked about, and most of it was aerodynamic. The A460 and C460 stuff isn't bad, but nothing compared to what the Hemi (Ford) can produce. :frown:
    The head package was given part # M-6049-A443* by Ford and included(without) picture in the 1985 Catalog. We ran our prototype super swirl engine in November,84, and produced the dyno figures partially quoted in the soft head article, however, max. power was never revealed until my lengthy book to Sentiniel, this AM. Bob Glidden heard about the dyno run at the SEMA show which was going at the time, and wanted to buy the engine, and all the other hand scraped castings we were finishing. The price was right, and as the NASCAR programs needed tending , we agreed.....thinking that our head deal with Ford was intact. Little did I know that Bob had negotiated to buy out Nick Arias share of AR, and of course he then went directly to Ford and mandated that the "super swirl" head program be cancelled. It was and that's that. Bob didn't want anyone else having access to the same "stuff" he was running, and I can't blame him. Unfortunately, I can't tell you who wrote this.

FILUCKY
    I know Ford has a 441 hemi head that is also avalible but way out of my price range. But 1000-1400HP. out of C460 heads is more then most of us will ever need. Most the guys running the C460 motors in the 500Ci. class are making around 1200-1300Hp on 114 octane all motor. Infact i think it was 557BAR that posted some pics of that bada$$ Ford powered rocket not too long ago and i think it had the 441 hemi heads topped off with a 14-71 with injection.

FILUCKY
    Sorry i was wrong about the blown ford in that last post but i put pic of a A441 hemi Ford in the gallery under jetboats and my screen name, sorry i don't know how to put pics in threads. But its worth looking at its Bada$$!

wsuwrhr
    I live at the river and all I see is BBC,BBF,Olds 455's. They are OK, but show me a detailed RB, and I will look twice or more.
    Let me know where your place is and I will be happy to make passes.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Looks like a 441 headed Ford to me, and I am not even a Ford expert.
    Brian
    CAMONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center..._house_078.jpg

wsuwrhr
    Oh wait, were you talking about THIS hemi?
    Brian
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...727newhemi.jpg

steelcomp
    Yeah, too bad Ford's not lookin out for the little guy. :notam:
    Nice 44's!!!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast