Thread: I Was Dooped!!!

franky
    OK, so I had my 19' Daytona sans motor for sale and then after some texass dude who was "sending a deposit check today" bailed AKJET showed some interest, yes that would be Alaska. We chat a few minutes and he says "I'll take it" but needs a few days to make it happen. Two days later his budy flies to Vegas, shows up at my house with a cashiers check takes the paperwork and leaves.
    He flies to Virginia to pick up a truck and return to Havasu to get the boat and tow it too Seattle to put it on a bardge to Ankorage, Alasksa. In the mean time, I take the boat to Eliminator to have it shrink wrapped and leave town for my Powell trip. My buddy Brian at Tank-It picks up the boat and stores it for me/the new owner untill his buddy comes back to pick it up.
    Now everythings cool up to this point......then I get a call from the guy who picked up the boat to tell me that oh by the way, they are putting a F*ckin FORD motor in the boat. How wrong is that!!! Waiting till it was too late to tell me that little piece of info!!!
    LOL, hey AKJET, good luck man, just kidding (well sorta). You got a nice rig. It will be missed, and I will take you up on the offer to visit and see what boatin in the AK is all about.

steelcomp
    So what you're sayin is that the new owner is steppin up!
    Sounds like Alaska's got it goin on!!

BigBlockBaja
    Now everythings cool up to this point......then I get a call from the guy who picked up the boat to tell me that oh by the way, they are putting a F*ckin FORD motor in the boat. How wrong is that!!! Waiting till it was too late to tell me that little piece of info!!!
    :hammerhea :lightsabe :boxingguy

jtmarten
    Guess he wants the fastest boat in AK, plus reliablilty. :smile:

Jetmugg
    About 4 years ago, I sold my 19' open bow CP Gullwing to a guy in Alaska (Big Lake, AK). Although their boating season must be pretty short, at least there will be more than one jetboat in Alaska.
    SteveM.

CVX20Dustin
    Theres a lot of jet boats up here there alumimun and there all over the rivers when the fish are running. Theres a lot of glass jets to, for small number of lakes that are big enough to run on.
    Franky, was the guys name Jason that purchased the boat.

franky
    Yup, I think he is a builder. His buddy that came down drives heavy equipment.

CVX20Dustin
    Jason stopped by today and talked boats. Hes going to haul some dirt in for me.

akjet
    hey franky theres nothing wrong with a chevy I just got everything for a ford, besides is there anything else that will run as good?