Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazos Info Dammit!!

oldbuck40
    Is anyone planning on cooking Friday or Sat night. Maybe we could all come up with something to cook and all pitch in. Rice and gravy anyone? Has anyone been to this place before? Is ther a pavillion that we could do this at?kevin there's a bbq pit at each of the rooms and there is an area around the pool also with tables. we usually just hang out in front of the rooms,,dont worry its in the country and tim and barb are cool as long as we dont get too loud...

Devilman
    kevin there's a bbq pit at each of the rooms and there is an area around the pool also with tables. we usually just hang out in front of the rooms,,dont worry its in the country and tim and barb are cool as long as we dont get too loud...
    Well, I've got crappy news! Took the boat out to Colet, hang out with some friends for a bit. After running for a while I notice the engine temp running warmer than usual... (usually about 160, now about 190) Let it cool off, start out again... Doesn't take too long at all, motor has lost power, running warm, & the freakin headers are glowing, right around the flanges. It had been fine earlier, now it's running like shit!! Does anyone have a clue!?! AFTER ALL THAT, i GOTTA PAY A "NO LIGHT" ticket... Gimme a break already

sdba069
    The headers glowing in low light between the flanges and the water injection ports is normal. The low light deal meaning you can see it because it is fairly dark. If you can see it in bright daylight, then there may be a problem. down on power and overheat.. #1.. Hopefully the distributor has slipped and retarded the timing which results in both of the symptoms mentioned........ #2... Blown head gasket???...... certainly other possibilities, but the first one I mentioned is where I would go first. Good luck.

Devilman
    My first thought was the distributor moving. I checked it & it didn't seem loose, but I just tried moving it by hand a little, nothing else. Yet. Also, not positive on this, but it didn't seem like much water exiting out the back while the engine was running. Not sure if that could be tied into this or not. I'll be checking it out after work today! Thanks for the info!!

Greaser
    My first thought was the distributor moving. I checked it & it didn't seem loose, but I just tried moving it by hand a little, nothing else. Yet. Also, not positive on this, but it didn't seem like much water exiting out the back while the engine was running. Not sure if that could be tied into this or not. I'll be checking it out after work today! Thanks for the info!!
    Sorry to hear about your problems D-man. Hope you get it figured out before next weekend.

Devilman
    Thanks Greaser! I'm gonna mess with it after I get off work.... I don't think it's anything major.... Did you get yours sorted out??
    I gotta get it figured out or Oldbuck will be laughing his ass off!!!

1slowboat
    you might also have sand in your water lines. This has happend to me before :cry: .Just a thought

Taylorman
    Did you connect the garden hose to see if you have some clogged up water lines. That doesn't explain it running bad thought?

Taylorman
    Im pumped now. Only 4 days and im on the road again. I plan on leaving at about 5am friday so i should be there by noon. What time is everyone rolling in?
    Devilman, you fixed your problem?
    I seem to have a new problem. Ive been chasing a fuel pressure problem. I bought a new fuel pump and seems like the problem is worse. I got it all installed today and only have 4 psi of fuel pressure. I need to do some troubleshooting tomorrow starting with a new gauge. It will not hamper this weekend, thats for sure.
    Kevin

Devilman
    Im pumped now. Only 4 days and im on the road again. I plan on leaving at about 5am friday so i should be there by noon. What time is everyone rolling in?
    Devilman, you fixed your problem?
    I seem to have a new problem. Ive been chasing a fuel pressure problem. I bought a new fuel pump and seems like the problem is worse. I got it all installed today and only have 4 psi of fuel pressure. I need to do some troubleshooting tomorrow starting with a new gauge. It will not hamper this weekend, thats for sure.
    Kevin
    Haven't fixed it & it turns out to be more serious than I originally thought. It's got an ugly rattle & friggin blow by outta the breathers. I talked to the guy that built it yesterday, he gave me a couple things to check, but I think the damage was already done. I'm gonna call him today, see what I can do about letting him check it out. Bad thing about THAT is, I can't get it to him till tomorrow..... Guess we'll see...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast