Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fountain 42 Who Has one ??

dimarcobros
    Not yet, but, it is still on its way
    When is the Stork coming? Are you still selling yours?
    DMB

Boat211
    All the boats mentioned here are good choices. I would not say the Fountain is the best rough water boat out there (but will do whatever we will be using them for). I would look at a few others first. Cigarette and Outerlimits will be your top choices for a V-hull. Both cost alot up front but will hold their value better than others. They crush Big water. Skater, Nor-Tech, MTI will be your best in the cats. Pricey, but again hold there value well. I like Photo's boat. Nice colors. I just have never been a Fountain fan (the style). Everyone likes a boat for different reasons. Find your reasons and that will lead you to the boat for you. Good luck. Shopping is great!
    I am with Trigger! I am not real sure about performance comparisons. I think the Fountain is pretty fast but all the ones that I have been in dont seem real solid. Though I cant give a true comparison since I have not been in the Cig or Outerlimits. Just my 2 cents.

Rock-it man
    There is another reason the Fountain has a bathroom ,bed,air,kitchen,etc so it also makes the wife happy so she can go boating also,she gets a little annoyed with the Datona somtimes that she can't just go crusing so to keep peace and save my back thats why i'm looking at these big boats and of course they can run 100 +mph.

Magic34
    Been there, done that..... I sold my 34' cat in March because I wanted a 38'+ V. Had a contract and deposit on my 34 for sale so I went looking at a few big V boats. Set up a test ride in big V #1 and met out at the lake. After the ride, gave a deposit on big V #1 (only reason because deal was right) and sent to boat to a shop to get checked out. 1 motor was not working correctly, and cancelled deal.
    2 days later, I delivered my 34' cat that was for sale and on the way back into town, I spent 3 hours at Magic starting the process of ordering my new 34' cat.

PHOTOGLOU
    Rock-it man, Sounds like this may not be the boat your looking for then..... Mine does not have Air and the bath room is a port a potty..... The 38 I sold had Vacu flush..... Just don't want to waste your time.... Jay

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Jay, your boat is beautiful. The lines and graphics . . . gorgeous. I missed getting to see it up close when we were at the last Dam Run. Hopefully you'll sell it to someone from here so I will get another chance.

Trigger
    Rock-it man, Sounds like this may not be the boat your looking for then..... Mine does not have Air and the bath room is a port a potty..... The 38 I sold had Vacu flush..... Just don't want to waste your time.... Jay
    Jay,
    Yours has air, just like mine!!!
    Just stick your head out the cabin hatches while moving and presto... instant AC!
    Mine has the porta potti and no air either. If you are on the water, why would you need air??

Rock-it man
    Does not have to have air and a portapottty is fine ,its the room for the wife and the ride for me and of course the speed can't give up the speed !!!!!!! I have a room reserved at the same motel as you in Tracy ,will be in there Thur PM and see you Fri morning if all goes well at Shasta this weekend.

PHOTOGLOU
    OK.... looking to get it completely detailed this weekend, Then it's of the the Big Cat poker run Thurs afternoon.. It's about an 8 hour drive with the boat....

Rock-it man
    OK.... looking to get it completely detailed this weekend, Then it's of the the Big Cat poker run Thurs afternoon.. It's about an 8 hour drive with the boat....
    Jay, Look for a Yellow ford 4x4 with flames on it towing a purple Datona with Yellow Flames .I should be in the parking lot by 6pm on Thur if your not in late you can call me on the Cell .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast