Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fountain 42 Who Has one ??

Rock-it man
    Jay,I will be there Thur pm with the wife.She wants to see the boat and a ride.So will see you Fri morning.
    Will not be bringing the Datona as we had some issues at Shasta and its not ready. See ya on Friday. Thanks

deltarat
    Issues, what kind of issues?

Rock-it man
    Issues, what kind of issues?
    Somehow I knew you would ask ????
    The air was at 81 so really bad !!!! First pass was 132.6 mph at 6400 28 four blade did not stay in it at all.
    Second pass was 136.7 but the tach recall said 7100 ???? so must have got a bad reading or maybe the prop cavated was only in it maybe 2-3 seconds at wot ,checked everything out and all looked good except I found a fuel leak under the blower at the rear near the dist & coil looks like just a little but a bad place to have any leaks especialy fuel so have to pull the blower again and fix it and it takes three days to do it right as it all has to set 24 hrs before retorqueing the blower. The prop was a Bronson Hill it did not perform as good as the one I have fron Washed Ashore and the 29 dropped 400 rpm even at 20 lbs boost I have six of these props so sending one down to Bronson to have it set as maybe 28.5 pitch .
    I would have to leave here Wed to make a trip work to the delta so will get this fixed and come down in a couple weeks. I am still comming to meet Photoglou and check out his 42 Fountain on Fri but without the boat. It our 37 yr annaversory so taking the wife and drive up the Northern Calif coast on the way home.

P P R
    37 years , your a lucky man !

DCBob
    Somehow I knew you would ask ????
    The air was at 81 so really bad !!!! First pass was 132.6 mph at 6400 28 four blade did not stay in it at all.
    Second pass was 136.7 but the tach recall said 7100 ???? so must have got a bad reading or maybe the prop cavated was only in it maybe 2-3 seconds at wot ,checked everything out and all looked good except I found a fuel leak under the blower at the rear near the dist & coil looks like just a little but a bad place to have any leaks especialy fuel so have to pull the blower again and fix it and it takes three days to do it right as it all has to set 24 hrs before retorqueing the blower. The prop was a Bronson Hill it did not perform as good as the one I have fron Washed Ashore and the 29 dropped 400 rpm even at 20 lbs boost I have six of these props so sending one down to Bronson to have it set as maybe 28.5 pitch .
    I would have to leave here Wed to make a trip work to the delta so will get this fixed and come down in a couple weeks. I am still comming to meet Photoglou and check out his 42 Fountain on Fri but without the boat. It our 37 yr annaversory so taking the wife and drive up the Northern Calif coast on the way home.
    Congrats on 37 years RIM Do you own a Fountain

Rock-it man
    Don't have one yet but that could change real soon. I have not been out in one but will on Fri with Jay. Want a newer one .
    Tim, You really wanted to say She is a lucky women !!!!! Right !!!!!! and the trip up the northern California coast is off !!!! being we will not be that far from TAHOE guess where we are going !!!!!
    Hey !! Jay see ya Friday AM . I will buy breakfast !!!!!!

PHOTOGLOU
    Don't have one yet but that could change real soon. I have not been out in one but will on Fri with Jay. Want a newer one .
    Tim, You really wanted to say She is a lucky women !!!!! Right !!!!!! and the trip up the northern California coast is off !!!! being we will not be that far from TAHOE guess where we are going !!!!!
    Hey !! Jay see ya Friday AM . I will buy breakfast !!!!!!
    Deal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234