Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decision made!!

'78 gt boat
    I made the decision to go with the 77 spectra with the 460 ford BB. Here is a pic of it
    http://www.hostimage.net/images/78gt/77spectre.jpg
    What should I look for when looking at the plumbing on this boat. I don't want the same thing happening when I take it out tomorrow for a sea trial.

BrendellaJet
    There are some diagrams floating around that show the cooling hose route. Need to find it, confirm houses are routed correctly(try a search, has been discussed many times) And hope for the best. Does it have a regulator on it or a bypass coming from the pump to the motor?

Jetmugg
    Do you mind me asking how much $$ they are asking? I am in the market for a similar boat. One thing you might consider is that Spectras are heavy boats, and most are on tandem axle trailers. It's a big boat for a single axle to support safely. Not that it can't be done, it's just safer on 2 axles, and would sway less while towing. Trailer brakes are also important for a trailer this heavy.
    Let us know how the sea trial goes.
    SteveM.

malcolm
    I like it!
    I get along good with my single axle trailer, it steers easier. It would be nice to have some brakes on it though.

'78 gt boat
    the trailer has brakes. I will have more pics including the motor tomorrow. I will check for a gate valve. The area where the thermo housing would go has been capped. It is a new edelbrock performer 460 manifold. I am gonna have to do more digging before I sign on the dotted line. Oh by the way the sticker is 5995 but they are giving it to me for the price of the first one I bought which was 3600. I got a deal cause I know the gal that does the financing at the boat place.

BrendellaJet
    I dont think that should be capped off, how is the water getting out?

dmontzsta
    The motor is definately unbeatable. The boat looks good.

'78 gt boat
    I'll check and reply back with pics tomorrow. It seems to have a little carb on it. what do y'all think of a dual carb set-up?

NorCal Gameshow
    good choice...checkout this site:www.spectramarine.com (http://www.spectramarine.com)

I dont think that should be capped off, how is the water getting out?
    That's actually common on the BBFs. Mine's plumbed the same way. They cap the thermo housing then drill and tap it for the water temp sensor.
    The dump water fitting comes off the front of the intake manifold. The manifold isn't installed in this photo (obviously) but the take off/fitting is where the braided line is sitting next to the dipstick. Just below the thermo housing.
    http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/intakereadyt.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast