Thread: Impeller Question

rposton1
    I was out this week at Lake Martinez and I picked up a rock
    and I had to remove it by opening the clean out, I saw some very small dings on the impeller on all the blades is that somthing I need to worry about? The boat ran fine and turned the same RPM's thanks in advance Robert

kp216
    If you're turning the same rpm with the same speed... nope.

Sleek468
    I have the same thing going on with my impeller. I dont know if it's turnning the same rpm because it was like that when I got the boat. The edge of the blades are no where nere a clean edge. Has anyone picked up rpm from a new impeller. There is now shakeing or vibration thatI can tell.

bakerjet
    your blades have to be in pretty bad shape to cause vibration,i had that problem and turned out to be a bent shaft but you might check your u joints also.

having a sharp leading edge is important, you may not be feeling vibration or seeing more RPM, but thres no doubt its hurting acceleration and overall performance.

Squirtin Thunder
    having a sharp leading edge is important, you may not be feeling vibration or seeing more RPM, but thres no doubt its hurting acceleration and overall performance.
    Well said !!!

rposton1
    Thanks for all the Info looks like I can remove most dings with a little file or emory cloth .....Robert

rposton1
    That was very easy I just hit the little dings with a file and used some sand paper and they are gone makes you wonder what the impeller is made of? (Pot Metal)