Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nautical Inn (First Cabin Club)

We went up to Lake Havasu this last weekend to check out the time shares (First Cabin Club) at the Nautical Inn. We ended up having a great time, however, we found out that First Cabin Club and the Nautical Inn are in some kind of legal battle in regards to the on site launch. I had no problems launching at the site because I was staying at the Nautical Inn, however my friend has a time share at the First Cabin Club and was not able to launch but was given a certificate to launch at Crazy Horse.
    Has anyone else that has bought a time share at First Cabin Club had any difficulties launching at Nautical Inn? Does anyone know what is going on between the two companies? I was interested in a time share until I heard about the legal battle. If you are an owner at the First Cabin Club what is your impression of the time share?

charlyox
    I looked at those timeshares and it was like 18k to buy one. a little pricey

gmocnik
    don't get me started on the nautical inn. the owner, a guy named skinner is a complete and total asswipe and his "harbor master" greg smith is another penis in tennis shoes. i vowed to never spend another dime at that place a few years ago. their policies change like the wind and their response to any and all issues is to call police and remove you from their "property".
    anyone ever had anything stolen from their boat while at the nautical??? first place to check is with their "security"....
    always check your bar/restraunt/room charges a few days later to catch "erroneous" charges.
    there are plenty of other places in havasu to spend your dollars. why support a place that has a complete disrespect for customer service.
    rant complete.....

I looked at those timeshares and it was like 18k to buy one. a little pricey
    The price this weekend was $17,000 and some change for a single week, however, for two weeks it was $24,000 and some change. I thought it was kind of high as well but we were looking for two weeks and thought this was not too bad of a deal because we were going to split the cost with a friend of mine. We really liked the amenities there but I didn’t want to have to deal with the legal battle between the two companies.

don't get me started on the nautical inn. the owner, a guy named skinner is a complete and total asswipe and his "harbor master" greg smith is another penis in tennis shoes. i vowed to never spend another dime at that place a few years ago. their policies change like the wind and their response to any and all issues is to call police and remove you from their "property".
    anyone ever had anything stolen from their boat while at the nautical??? first place to check is with their "security"....
    always check your bar/restraunt/room charges a few days later to catch "erroneous" charges.
    there are plenty of other places in havasu to spend your dollars. why support a place that has a complete disrespect for customer service.
    rant complete.....
    Although we had a great time we had some issues as well. We called the Nautical Inn and told them we would be late for check in so they check us in over the phone, however, once we got there they had given away our room to someone else. We ended up with a bay room when we were told we would get a parlor room. The next day after some complaining we did get our parlor room and an extra day stay for free not a perfect weekend but we ended leaving with a smile on our face and some good memories.

2Driver
    If of any interest my Aunt (in her 70's and recently widowed) has a floating week (even split-able into a 4 day and a 3 day or rent it out) at the london bridge resort (sunterra)
    Her late husband bought it for 18K and they have never set foot in the place. I know she would take 1/2 of what they paid as she is tight on money. Theree is still the week for 05 open. PM me if anyone is interested.

Big Warlock
    is when you stay with the Chinese Pervert somewhere on the river (RV) and you hope it doesn't cost you $18K in legal fees!!!!!

Big Warlock
    I love time shares! I wish I could sell them all day long!!
    #18K per unit, per week. That unit is worth $936,000!!!! And I bet they get something like $500 per week in "maintenance" fees. That is a total of $26K per unit, per year!
    Any questions why developers love to build and sell timeshares? BIG MARGIN!!!
    There is a place on the internet where they deal with time shares. You can usually get one for 1/2 price or better if you really want to go down that road.
    Good luck!! :jawdrop:

SummitKarl
    The price this weekend was $17,000 and some change for a single week, however, for two weeks it was $24,000 and some change. I thought it was kind of high as well but we were looking for two weeks and thought this was not too bad of a deal because we were going to split the cost with a friend of mine. We really liked the amenities there but I didn’t want to have to deal with the legal battle between the two companies.
    17k for a weekend.............we gota talk, thats 3 yrs of house payments out here.........and that makes you money...........if your smart enough to own a southwind (love mine) buy a house your far better off. hell buy a house from warlock25, I am sure she will toss in a year pass at windsor for ya
    just my $.02
    Karl

BoatPI
    Just look at it is this respect.
    A 2 br unit at the London Bridge Resort was selling for $12,000. They are E Bay for about $1,900 for a 2 BR and $1,000 for a 1 Bedroom.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast