Thread: I Need a New Cowl

PurplePoison
    Anyone out there have a cowl or the front cover for my 87 150 Merc. I mine is all jacked up. I am lookin for a decent stocker and or an Alien style. Please let me know. Thanx

gd2fast4u
    I may have a alien cowl for sale next week. Custom painted by Mark brinks.

gd2fast4u
    I will be selling this Alien Cowl within the next 2 weeks. Custom painted by Mark Brink. It has multi-color paint with Ghost checkers inside the purple and Ghost checkers in the white on the top and back of cowl. Brinks gets $1200.00 to paint this cowl. The cost of the custom engine cowl made by Simon Motorsports and Mercury hardware was over a grand. About $4500.00 for the pair of cowls in all. Now one of the cowls is at the bottom of Lake Mohave.... yes me and the wife had words. It has all Mercury mounting and Latch Hardware and very lightweight. Just Bolt on and go. This is one of the trickest cowls you will ever find.
    Alien Cowl (http://www.alpineprecision.com/cowl.htm)

PurplePoison
    That is one beautiful cowl. Unfortunately it is wayyyyy over my budget. You mentiuoned that one of the two cowls is at the bottom of Lke Mohave? If i am understandding you right on this particular day your wife failed was responsible for the well being of the said cowl. As a result of her irresponsibilty the said cowl fell off and sunk to the bottom of the lake. I would not have left the lake until she retrived it. Give me your approximate coordinants at the time of this tragedy and I will retrieve that bad boy

gd2fast4u
    $850.00 with all the hardware

Rocket2003
    I have a OEM lightweight 2.5 cowl & Pan for $600.00 plus shipping! If ya want it!!!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5116Cowl.JPG