Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel 467

Blown Spectra
    Great pictures, Nice work........ keep em coming.
    eric

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Damn scott, Youve been busy! Lookin real nice I like all the detail that youve posted. It gives the newbies a lesson on how to build an engine On that main cap, mine is done the same way. Did you blueprint the oil pump as well? Keep us posted. You should put these pics in the "how to" section!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...729details.jpg

FILUCKY
    Just go's to show that you don't have to be filthy rich to build a big HP, reliable motor. Hard work and attention to detail go along way. Looks great Steelcomp.

steelcomp
    Thanks for the comp's guys. I hope there's something useful for you guys out of all this.
    396, yeah, I do the oil pump as well, just haven't gotten to it yet...still waiting on a pan.
    Here's the heads going on, with the Cometic gaskets. Final CR is 12.44:1. I was concerned about the lack of water passage holes in the ends of the gaskets, since I'm used to the Felpro 1017's but I just decided that Cometic must know what they're doing, and I haven't heard of anyone complaining about this. Head final torq'd to 65# as per ARP with ARP moly. I had fun with this as well, as all of my block holes are Helicoiled, and of course, there were a couple that just insisted on coming loose, and pushing out into the block. Then you gotta get the stud back out, push the Helicoil all the way through, fish it out of the block, (and not with a magnet, since they're stainless), then run the helicoil tap back through the hole to clean it out, and install another helicoil with red Locktite.. All on a clean motor with open cyl's. Pain in the arse. Next time I have to repair a threaded hole, it'll be with inserts. Helicoiols suck.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...729cometic.jpg
    ...and here's the final long block, with the CF covers. Still waiting on tunnnel ram. Going to do final valve train install this weekend.
    That's it for now.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ong_block2.jpg

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I like it scott! Way to go bud That motor is similar to mine The only difference is the heads. I am running closed chambered irons with 12.5-1 comp. Let me know your numbers in the boat when your done

steelcomp
    Thanks Michael...I'll do that.

DeputyDawg
    Great job! Nice pics and documentation. Okay, I guess I am going to have to break down and buy a digital camera and get someone to show me how to post pics so I can do a thread like this in a month or so.
    Nice attention to detail steelcomp, that's where it counts! Oh yeah, always remember that Helicoils are not our friends :crossx: :crossx:

mrgoslow
    just wondering about the progress?

lookin' good.
    Chris

steelcomp
    just wondering about the progress?
    I'm getting there...just waiting on the last few parts. I'll have it ready to go to the dyno by this weekend. Hopefully dyno next week, then get it in the boat and ready for Ming before the year's out. I'll post more pics this weekend.
    Thanks Chris.
    And special thanks to Dave at DNE. :coffeycup

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast