Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOPE Poker run

LHC30Victory
    I'm kinda late on this but thought I'd give it a try. I want to do the SCOPE run (short course) on Aug 27th but need a crew that has some experience with this. I have a seat or two that would be open if anyone is interested - must have own life jacket since the orange horseshoes are not allowed.
    PM or email me if interested.
    Since the reg fees are so steep, I'm willing to sell one of the poker hands to offset costs. :idea:

Steamin' Rice
    Did you already register? You should have no problem filling open seats in your boat. I know that my boat will be filled for the poker run. You might want to also post this on the SCOPE message board, www.scopeinfo.com
    The registration fees are a little steep, but this is a 100% nonprofit event. As part of your registration you also get photos and negatives of your boat in action from a helicopter.

burtandnancy
    Damn, I'm your neighbor, have been in numerous Poker Runs all over the US, but that week I'll be at another event in OR (and I own my own Lifeline). Had to turn down another ride in the IMCO boat too. damn, damn, damn

cola
    I'll go, but you will want to do the long course. I did this Poker Run last year, it was fun. We did the Catalina to Newport & back to LB. I have a lifejacket & beer money.
    Late, Mike

H20 Toie
    I'm really bummed i have the boat and the lifeline jackets but i'll be in New Orleans until the 30th and i so much wante to do this run, maybe next year

WILD LAVEY
    I'm really bummed i have the boat and the lifeline jackets but i'll be in New Orleans until the 30th and i so much wante to do this run, maybe nest year
    how about i do you a favor and take the boat out for ya

No Regrets
    The registration fees are a little steep, but this is a 100% nonprofit event. As part of your registration you also get photos and negatives of your boat in action from a helicopter.
    I didnt get any photos last year?

cola
    I didn't get any photos either.

Steamin' Rice
    I didn't get any photos either.
    I didn't get any pics of my boat last year either. The helicopters try to catch every boat in the run, but last year they missed a few. When you are at the drivers meeting, listen for instructions regarding the helicopter pics. They typically set up a staging area at the end of the breakwater where you can get the helicopter pictures taken if they miss you during the run. We're going to try to set it up this year to ensure that they don't miss any boats.
    Also, make sure that your poker run numbers are clearly visible on your boat. A couple of years ago we had pictures of several boats who were not entered in the poker run. If the helicopter can't see your poker run numbers they will not take photos of your boat.

LHC30Victory
    What is best to put the #'s on the boat with and where?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast