Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pierced speakers?

BOBALOO
    I finally heard the "pierced" speakers in Kilrtoys DCB this weekend and want more info on them but have no idea who makes them or who sells them. Does anyone have a manufacturer name or website for them? Thanks.

mbrown2
    I finally heard the "pierced" speakers in Kilrtoys DCB this weekend and want more info on them but have no idea who makes them or who sells them. Does anyone have a manufacturer name or website for them? Thanks.
    Transonic sales them; call the location in Upland/Montclair...they went over to China...basically took all the properties they liked about different speaker maker coax's....ie:bigger cone area (7"), cone properties that withstand outdoor conditions (Carbon Fiber), rubber grill surrounds (again marine necessities), and basically built a speaker for the marine market with great qualities from the best of the best...they have since made relationships with a lot of different manufactures and you see them in different California Customs....they are great speakers....and the sound is almost at the level with the MB Premium's...I have both Pierced and MB Prem's....

BOBALOO
    I used to go to Transonic "back in the days", are they the only place to get them? Kinda like a signature series?

mbrown2
    I used to go to Transonic "back in the days", are they the only place to get them? Kinda like a signature series?
    Yes only place to get them. I am sure if you wanted to get some as a dealer, you might be able to work a deal, but some of the folks at Transonic went over seas with the intention of building the best marine coax and had one built to their specs, so although they might be two seperate companies; the same people are behind both companies.

riverbound
    That's funny in this thread I heard....They went to china to produce the BEST marine speaker. In reality they went to a speaker manufacturer and pick and chose parts out of a catalog. they did NOT engineer the speakers in any way and they only pay about $18 a pair. Then they turn around and sell them as "the best" when in reality the speakers are built using inferior compnonents......Give me a break. It's a cheap speaker that lends itself well to the marine environment becuaes of some of the components they chose to build them with such as rubber srurronds, non-paper cones etc...
    We looked into doing the same thing its called "private labeling" the benefit to a retailer is they can sell the crap out of the brand get people to fall in love with the product then the customer hasd no where else to shop and get a better price. And 99% of customer have no idea they are reall buying crap.
    For the money you pay there are MUCH better options out there. Do yourself a favor and shop around.

mbrown2
    That's funny in this thread I heard....They went to china to produce the BEST marine speaker. In reality they went to a speaker manufacturer and pick and chose parts out of a catalog.
    Lighten up Francis...sounds like your just pissed cause Al and Ed's did not do it first ...I never said they engineered anything. Yes, they went a Manufacture, and if you are saying it is inferior cause they were in China wake up to the year 2005....side by side against my MB Quart Premiums they sound just as good. Also, so they cost $18 bucks to produce there....that is the reason they are produced there....cheaper cost of labor and manufacturing....I have had Pierced for two years with 1600 watts of Rockford Hotplates (another great American Made amp (yeah right)), and they still run like a champ...

riverbound
    Lighten up Francis...sounds like your just pissed cause Al and Ed's did not do it first ...I never said they engineered anything. Yes, they went a Manufacture, and if you are saying it is inferior cause they were in China wake up to the year 2005....side by side against my MB Quart Premiums they sound just as good. Also, so they cost $18 bucks to produce there....that is the reason they are produced there....cheaper cost of labor and manufacturing....I have had Pierced for two years with 1600 watts of Rockford Hotplates (another great American Made amp (yeah right)), and they still run like a champ...
    Actually Al&Eds did do it first Im not saying that becasue they are Chineese they are inferior, but go to CES and you will see all the "custom speaker mfgrs." all in line. You can order your "high Quality" speaker like you would a meal. Can I have a kevlar cone with a big magnet rubber surrounds and a side of chrome please. Side by side with the Quart premiums?? your kidding right? The cost is affected by many factors labor is only 1 of them.
    Im not saying they are a terrible speaker, but saying they are the best...that is really stretching it. Running 1600 watts of power is probably the only thing keeping them going. Underpowering a speaker is FAR more damging then overpowering, but we all know that right

mbrown2
    but saying they are the best...that is really stretching it. Ok, I am not sure if they are the best since I have not listened to every speaker made, but some of the best I have heard.....I wish I could have the MBQ 8 coax's they used to make but they are no longer. and as far joking against the MB's; no I am not; I have both and heard both...and have the Op6 stereo trophy with the Pierced to prove it... but to each their own...

ROZ
    I love chicks with pierced nipples

1stepcloser
    I love chicks with pierced nipples
    You rock. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmili.../xyxthumbs.gif

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast