Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHY do People?????

phuggit
    A buddy bought a new boat and pulled it from the sales lot straight to the river. Didn't have a damn thing except life jackets, which were part of the dealer package. I gave him an old anchor and told him to get some ropes, fenders and at least a towel to wipe the boat down with.
    Two weeks later he shows up at the river with pieces of yellow nylon rope he bought at Home Depot and asks if they're good enough. I told him they would work fine as long as he was more than three boats away from me. :hammer2:

jdogginla
    This would be a good question for SYA, he had some old rope he found in the marina parking lot for an anchor line!
    An old rome for an achor line and his friend eric as a buoy/bumper! Nice!^%$@# :hammerhea

uvindex
    Spend thousands of dollars on their boats and then when it comes to buying fenders (bumpers), anchors and tie lines they have not a clue.You're not kidding. People using a friggin' plastic Tide or Prestone jug as a mooring buoy. Another one is when people use their ski towline to tie up at the dock -- sheesh, just buy some real docklines for crying out loud. And while we're on the topic, learn how to tie off a line on a cleat properly

Beer-30
    You're not kidding. People using a friggin' plastic Tide or Prestone jug as a mooring buoy. Another one is when people use their ski towline to tie up at the dock -- sheesh, just buy some real docklines for crying out loud. And while we're on the topic, learn how to tie off a line on a cleat properly
    Amen. Can I get a witness!?!
    We bought Beer-30 and she had old dingy brownish ropes, 3 different color fenders, a piece of PVC with a scrap of orange cloth riveted to it for a flag. Old pointy swiveley anchor with a chain.
    At the boat show, we spent $200 on red Top-Knot tie-off and fender ropes, silver beach and anchor ropes. Another $200 on large box-anchor and large sand-spike. C'mon peeps, don't these nice boats deserve nice equip?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12