Thread: What would you do with a $2000 Budget

filthyrat
    Tried earleir to get aread on the new JL marine, local shop is trying to sell me on it, 4 7.7's, thier two 10" subs and two amps (1x400, 4x300) and I think a Kenwood deck. It all put me over $2000.
    Now my main problem is I dont want the heavy weight up front for a box to slow me down, dont want boxes in my engine compartment, and have no room under any seats. It is a 21' ft eliminator daycruiser. I do however ahve the two bow supports under the bow that are about 1 1/2 ft wide and 2 ft tall on each side of the bow. This is where I was thninking of the JL IB 10", without any box. I could always have the shop put a filler board in to seal that into a box as it progreeses to the tip of the bow??
    Bottom line what system would you go with on a $2000 budget and my boat? Alpine and JL?? Le tme know and I will buy this stuff tomorrow, jsut want some sound advice to be ahppy with what I get!

ROZ
    2000.00 can buy you a lot of gear !

riverbound
    You can do very wel with your budget. As far as equipment goes. Everyone has different opinions an what would be the best way to go. What I would recommend is find a shop you feel comfortable with. If you find the right shop they will not steer you wrong.

sigepmock
    I had $2000 budget for our 21' Hawaiian and came away with a great sounding stereo. I did one JL 250/1 sub amp that fed one JLW0 12" sub in an enclosed box under the dash in front of the drivers seat, it didn't get in the way, a 12 only needs about 1 cubic foot of air space to hit nicely but it needs a box. Also went with 4 MB Quarts 6.5" component speakers cut into the side panels, as high up as I could get them, and powered them with a JL 6 channel amp, I never did use the extra two channels but the idea was to add some under hatch speakers. For the head unit I did an Alpine CD player that could read MP3's. I did the install myself, got an amazing hook up on the equipment from some guy on the boards ( ROZ )
    All and all I was right around $2000 and the stereo really rocked for the money spent.
    Chris

sigepmock
    Even had some pics of the old boat still.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ftside-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...495sub-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...5amps2-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...teries-med.jpg
    Not the cleanest install but who looks under the dash on an old 21' Hawaiian anyways
    Man I don't miss that purple at all!!!!
    Chris

MOBrien
    save it for gas. That'll get you 650-700 gallons of go-go juice. That's a full summer's worth at these ridiculous prices.
    Seriously though, I just did what you're doing this past winter. ROZ hooked me up on some good equipment at great prices and I bought some off an EBay wholesaler.
    I got the following for way less than $2K.....
    Pioneer DEHP760mp
    JL 12W3v2 (ROZ)
    2 pairs of Polk "momo" series 6x9's (ROZ)
    2 pairs of Polk "momo" series 6.5's (ROZ)
    2 520W JBL 4ch amps
    1 300W JBL mono D-class
    The setup s PLENTY loud when I want it to be, stays very clean at high volumes, amps don't overheat.........and I got it all for less than $1200 all insured during shipment and came right to my door. All brand new in factory sealed boxes. That left me with enough to get two new Optimas, a transom remote & bezel, and a killer billet deck enclosure from Ron's.
    Search hard for the deals and you'll find them....definitely talk with ROZ!!! I'm VERY happy with this equipment and highly recommend it....by far the best bang for your budget-bucks in my opinion.
    -MOB

Partycattin
    I had $2000 budget for our 21' Hawaiian and came away with a great sounding stereo. I did one JL 250/1 sub amp that fed one JLW0 12" sub in an enclosed box under the dash in front of the drivers seat, it didn't get in the way, a 12 only needs about 1 cubic foot of air space to hit nicely but it needs a box. Also went with 4 MB Quarts 6.5" component speakers cut into the side panels, as high up as I could get them, and powered them with a JL 6 channel amp, I never did use the extra two channels but the idea was to add some under hatch speakers. For the head unit I did an Alpine CD player that could read MP3's. I did the install myself, got an amazing hook up on the equipment from some guy on the boards ( ROZ )
    All and all I was right around $2000 and the stereo really rocked for the money spent.
    Chris
    This is right on the mony IMO. A friend of mine put subs under the dash. They built/glassed the enclosured in and it sounded great plus was out of the way. Put the speakers high, that way when your not in the boat, you will be able to hear them better (and at a lower volume).