Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmm got a email from pay pal....

YeLLowBoaT
    saying that some 1 else had access to my account and to got to a link.... but when I ran my mouse over the link at the bottom of the screen that addy was... www.clan-got.de/(them some crap/ paypal.run.... IF you get this email to not click the link!!!!!!!( I didn't I am too smart for that.... besides all paypal emails have a back ground and shit. this one was plan. 1st qlue it was fake.)
    fooking bastards...

I was getting lots of those for a while. If you do click the link it takes you to a page where they ask for all your credit card info to "verify" your account. Needless to say.....Don't fill it out.

JetBoatRich
    I received a couple of those, forwarded them to the real Pay Pal

Ziggy
    The 'de' tag= Germany(Deutschland)
    I got a similar one yesterday too............Its sad to think there are still people that fall for scams and trickery like that. :yuk:

Lavey Huffer
    I got one that said I owe you $85.00 for the item give me your paypal account or your not getting paid......I was'nt selling anything......

Jrocket
    Sad part is people fall for that scam everday,and alot of them too.

moneypit
    I received a couple of those, forwarded them to the real Pay Pal
    I did the same thing...

sam pioske
    You should foward those to spoof@paypal.com or
    spoof@ebay.com
    They will try to shut them down and e-mail you back. FYI.

ddevore
    Anything that paypal sent you will start out with your name, it won't start with something like Dear Dennis DeVore not Dear User etc... They have your info and bank info, they NEVER ask for it... I've had to read on this alot, the school district that I work in IT for gets all kinds of this crap everyday...

CARLSON-JET
    I had one Supposedly from ebay awhile ago anouncing I was eligible to become a power seller. I had been selling well over a 2 grand a month for awhile. I immediatly went to my account and checked my messeges. no dice. Then the next day I get another one saying my account had been compromised. Both were fake after I traced down the source code. Two days later I get a mesage from ebay in my account saying I was eligible to become a power seller. My point being, when ever I have alot of sales, or sell large ticket items I start getting more spoofs. I think there are poeple watching certain accounts just waiting for a slip up....R.B.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast