Thread: X Dimension

cdog
    Who out there has a 29 shockwave with a single BBC? I need to know how far down your drive snout is compared to the keel of your boat when the drive is level. I'm trying to find out if mine is too low. Thanks.

Steamin' Rice
    Did you check with Barry? He should be able to tell you where they typically set the x on 29's. Don't forget that with your extension box you probably should have your drive a little higher than boats without the extension...

cdog
    Did you check with Barry? He should be able to tell you where they typically set the x on 29's. Don't forget that with your extension box you probably should have your drive a little higher than boats without the extension...
    I think that's my problem. I bought a 2 inch short lower drive and it looks like the drive is still 2-3 inches too low as it is now, (according to Gary Teague). I'm debating on how to handle this with shockwave. This was a issue when I we built the boat. Bob said he put it in the stock X dim. I did'nt ask any more questions. He's the boat builder. I was told that the X dim. should be in between the stock position and 3 inches Higher so that I can adjust the Lower with extensions if need be. Right now I have no adjustment because it's too low. It really sucks to be in this position.