Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone over 30 Might get a kick out of this.

SummitKarl
    I remember when parents actually tried to set an example for their kids based on their own actions.
    Seems like that value has slid over the past few decades. Now parents tell their kids how to act correctly and then when they think the kids aren't looking. They party it up like rock stars, act like psedo lesbians, run it hard, swing, and act like kids on an MTV spring break video.
    Problem is, kids do see it. Now wonder they are so confused!
    sweet post!!! and most likey the most truthfull thing that can and will be said on this thread.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Gaining a deep foundation of trust and most of all respect from your kid is the most difficult way to modifiy kids behavior, but will reward you many times over. Fear of a beating just reinforces your kid to stay one step in front of you or away from you.
    Respect = Can't let my Dad and Mom down
    Fear = Ok but I can't get caught (again)
    Which works when they are off on their own?
    I've tried it both ways and the first way works way better for me. :idea:
    touchy subject
    Both can be used though, I never wanrted to let my parents down while growing up which is why I didn't get into trouble, but I aslo got my ass beat when I deserved it.

Rockdog
    My mom had the wooden spoon, and my dad had the 2" wide 70's leather belt, and neither one was afraid to use it. I remeber getting busted in 3rd grade for fighting with a 4th grader, and the princple sending the note home w/ me to give my parents. The note was "conveniently" lost on the way home. We sat down to a family dinner (that's were everyone who lives in a house eats at the same time at the table for you under 30's) and my dad asked me if there was anything eventful at school that day. I said no, and he proceeded to tell me that he ran into the principal that afternoon after work and that we would be 'discussing' it after dinner. I ran for my life as soon as my mom said I could be excused from the table - didn't help - I think I got my a$$ beat even worse.

All of this hits home

Creator
    This is great, Keep those stories coming...LMAO

Rod-64
    What timing!!!
    Just came in from talking to the next door lady about this........both out kids are grounded for not doing thier chores.......talked about how we were never home a kids......was out on bikes, not watching goddamn Toon channels and jerking off an X-Box stick. My kid has no electronic privlidges now till he smartens up.
    BTW, speaking of Keds......the big sneaker we had was JOX....the blue ones with the white stripes that Starsky used to wear.
    How much is the neighborhood ice cream man now??? Used to get crap for a quarter.
    When I used to go to Simpsons pharmacy at 16 we got Marlboro reds for 50 cents.
    Oh I could go on.

Phat Matt
    And I suppose that you think violence is the way to answer to all thats wrong. Both my parents spanked me and all it did was make me resent them and even spank other children in elementary school if they did something I didn't like.
    How about I spank you now? :supp:

Rod-64
    Heres one that pisses me off..........kid comes home with no home work or books.....think he's lying....go to school they say we have no books for everyone to go around!!! WTF!!!
    We had a MINIMUM of 4 books each night with 3-ring binders.....no fancy schmancy backpacks, just a cheap ass rubber bungy type thing with 2 hooks.

Rod-64
    What timing!!!
    Just came in from talking to the next door lady about this........both out kids are grounded for not doing thier chores.......talked about how we were never home a kids......was out on bikes, not watching goddamn Toon channels and jerking off an X-Box stick. My kid has no electronic privlidges now till he smartens up.
    BTW, speaking of Keds......the big sneaker we had was JOX....the blue ones with the white stripes that Starsky used to wear.
    How much is the neighborhood ice cream man now??? Used to get crap for a quarter.
    When I used to go to Simpsons pharmacy at 16 we got Marlboro reds for 50 cents.
    Oh I could go on.
    Not that smoking is a good thing BTW! :yuk:

Havasu_Dreamin
    I remember getting Vans shoes when there was only one place you could get Vans - at the factory/factory store. And you could customize them and that was the skateboarding shoe of choice.
    Hell yeah! Used to get mine at the store over on Live Oak in Arcadia.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast