Thread: Looks like we'll make it...

coolchange
    OK, I know it's not a v-drive but I thought since the real gear heads hang out here some of you might like to see it.
    Restoration of a Dusenberg, Murphy bodied, Hennessy edition.
    First reg owner Howard Hughes, previous owner Wayne Newton.
    Car WAS due in Pebble THIS morning. After working 7/10 for the last 2 weeks we gotr it running on Monday. On Tues. afternoon it starts missing and we shut it off. Restart it backfires like a cannon and wont run smooth. Pull a valve cover and a #1 exhaust valve is hangin up. Wed morning we get the manifold off and it has dropped a seat.( By the way, 3.75 bore x4.250 stroke 4 valve dual overhead cam hemi. 1920's technology!) Make some phone calls and cant get anyone cause theyre all at pebble with thier cars. Finally find someone that can handle a 46" long head. Wed at 9 am the head leaves and comes back at 4 pm like the shop promised. Boss leaves cause he has to be there on Thurs. Today at 4 pm we send him a photo of the car back together and he calls to hear it running. DAMN was he happy. Said he was sending a transport to be at the shop Fri morning. Car will be in Concourse staging Sat. I just have to say its nice to work with quality people.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...0/369dusen.jpg

superdave013
    Wow!

Very nice.

Sangerboy
    Very cool, I haven't priced Deusies for awhile, that's got to be worth what, at least 2 or 3 million?

coolchange,
    that's a beautiful car. Do you know Jim Talmadge? He lives in Santa Ynez and is the son of silent screen comedian, Buster Keaton. (I actually named my son 'Keaton' after him). When Jim was growing up in Hollywood he used to buy and sell Dusenbergs all the time. I think he said he had over 20 of them. He'd buy them cheap from a star on the way down and re-sell them to another on the upswing? He also said that he wished he was smart enough to have kept one for himself!
    I just thought maybe you guys crossed paths. He's a pretty well know car guy and I think I remember you living up in that area too.

GofastRacer
    Wow what a beutiful piece!..

coolchange
    Sangerboy- owner says he's lookin for 3+
    OR- seem to recall hearing of a guy up there, I'm sure the boss knows him. We're in Santa Clarita.

Sangerboy
    In 1982 my wife and I honeymooned at Lake Tahoe, she humored me for one of the days and went with me to the old Harrah's auto collection where we spent the whole day. I remember the one section where they must have had 10 to 12 Duesenberg's in a row I think I spent about an hour just in that section I always wanted one but no matter what stage and time of life I was at, they were always way out of my league.

coolchange
    Rolled out to load this morning.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...00/369dus2.jpg
    Sanderboy, heard Jay Leno just found one that was in some old ladies garage for the last 40 years. Keep your eyes open!

Kim Hanson
    Rolled out to load this morning.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...00/369dus2.jpg
    Sanderboy, heard Jay Leno just found one that was in some old ladies garage for the last 40 years. Keep your eyes open!
    That is double tits...........( . )( . )..........