Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB vs Eliminator ...the truth about PRICING!

Charley
    And you need to get over "yerself"...
    Sorry Brian, I just thought your comment was completely unfair...... to say the "fiberglass sure is expensive" just doesn't show enough respect towards a custom boat manufacturer's effort, a business, or its owner and what these guys have to go through to build a quality, state of the art product that appeals to the public.... I dont care if it's Eliminator, DCB, Douglas Marine or Trident boats.... making a boat is certainly alot more than a calculation of subtracting out what stuff costs and then trying justify the cost of fiberglass..... trying to make a business successful in California is no picnic and it boils down to supply and demand. When Bob Leach, Dave Hemmingson, Peter Hedlin or Wes Inskeep stop getting thier asking price on boats is when you will see those prices go down... they have the right to ask whatever they think thier personal offering is worth... if they get it thats great... god bless em all for giving us choices, and making some money along the way to keep producing something better next time around! I apologize if I was rude in my prior post, as a business owner I guess you just struck a nerve.... my apologies just the same for my comment

Charley
    Wait up Deano, I saw Charley at the river this year and he blew by me in some Hot Rod DCB Pontoon.
    what did you expect when you are sitting in a magic... everything blows by you :chi:

Charley
    Oh and I am calling bullsh&t here for another reason! Have you driven a boat since the 525 has been out........... DOH!
    Andy
    I was in the backseat spectre boy...It was the day Dave had his boat in for the ***boat trials(it made the cover ) and we took 2 rides...he asked my opinion on 4 blade bravo or 5 blade maximus..... you guys with boats really like to rub salt in us boatless bitches wounds eh :cry:

Charley
    Once again its Eliminator with Offshore racing history and DCB with UMMMMM Charley the bench racer! Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
    Deano...
    I will definitely give Eliminator credit for APBA.. going back east and running an 8 1/2' wide boat against the big boys took some guts, but I don't think they were a serious contender in that realm... neither would an 8 1/2' wide DCB for that matter so you know I'm not ragging eliminator here... as far as POPRA is concerned I just don't consider the majority of eliminator's wins to be a big accomplishment.. when they are the only manufacturer in the race in thier class I just don't think it eventful to win...F-1 on the other hand is some real racing and my hats off to Lavey and the success they have achieved and deserve.

Domn8er
    I priced both, the F-29 and Daytona 28 at the LA boat show earlier this year. Boat show special went to Eliminator $159,948 OTD and DCB was $185,283 plus tax and winter build. DCB price did include stand off boxes which is a nice upgrade. I didn't know you could go and negotiate (sp). Personal preference would be DCB but there is a $28k difference if you take off the stand off boxes on the DCB. I still have not rode in either one. I was suppose to go for a ride with Brian a couple weeks ago but started a new job and didn't get a chance to meet up.

mbrown2
    I priced both, the F-29 and Daytona 28 at the LA boat show earlier this year. Boat show special went to Eliminator $159,948 OTD and DCB was $185,283 plus tax and winter build. DCB price did include stand off boxes which is a nice upgrade. I didn't know you could go and negotiate (sp). Personal preference would be DCB but there is a $28k difference if you take off the stand off boxes on the DCB. I still have not rode in either one. I was suppose to go for a ride with Brian a couple weeks ago but started a new job and didn't get a chance to meet up.
    Start the negotiation with telling them that price diff and there is no friggen way you are going to pay it; considering everything is apples to apples sans the stand-off boxes...at least you are being flat out honest with them at that point...

andy01
    You know I had a thought last night................
    Why does it seem DCB is always right behind Eliminator. Like in 2002 was it when the 26 Daytona came out, shortly after the F series in the 26 came out. Eliminator did the fiberglass inner liner for the cockpit area, dcb came out with it six months later. Then the carbon series. Eliminator annouces they will be doing carbon fiber lay ups, a week later DCB does the same. Now what is it? Is it that Eliminator is that cutting edge and DCB just can't come up with it on thier own or is it that DCB has all of the ideas ahead of time but figures f**k it I won't put any of these things on the boat until I have to. A penny saved is a penny earned................
    Andy

TOBTEK
    Why does it seem DCB is always right behind Eliminator. Like in 2002 was it when the 26 Daytona came out, shortly after the F series in the 26 came out. Eliminator did the fiberglass inner liner for the cockpit area, dcb came out with it six months later. Then the carbon series. Eliminator annouces they will be doing carbon fiber lay ups, a week later DCB does the same. Now what is it? Is it that Eliminator is that cutting edge and DCB just can't come up with it on thier own or is it that DCB has all of the ideas ahead of time but figures f**k it I won't put any of these things on the boat until I have to. A penny saved is a penny earned................
    Andy
    im NOT a boat historian....BUT, I looked at a 2000 MACH22 when I was shopping ( or tire kicking depending on who you talk with ) and it was a complete CARBON FIBER lay-up. This "new" carbon thing ISN'T new....its just simple marketing! ....period
    Charley, did you start this because your not getting enough sleep these days??

andy01
    and it was a complete CARBON FIBER lay-up. Charley, did you start this because your not getting enough sleep these days??
    "complete carbon lay up" now we all know carbon fiber is nothing new to boating, Ultra has done some Carbon Fiber work in a 19' I saw a couple years back. Dave did one boat a couple years back. When I ordered my Mach 26 he didn't ask me if I wanted any cevlar or carbon fiber lay up. Eliminator I believe offers vacum bagging as well now, that will only make thier boats lighter, faster and stronger. When is Dave finally going to step up to the plate and get with times or is he going to hand lay up with air pockets and extra wieght for ever?
    Charley started this because this place has been boring as hell lately............

hot_diggity_dog
    Andy
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't DCB start by custom rigging Eliminator hulls?
    HDD

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast