Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thanks HOTCRUSADER76 (Before/After Pic's)

GofastRacer
    Nice looking boat man!. Do you want to run 7500??, average jet boats run 5500 to 6000!. I use Dyno and it's decent(BTW, what are the numbers at that RPM?), if you're power and torque is way up there then I'd say you have the wrong cam profile, you need a cam with a power range from 5500 to 6500 range. Right now you arn't making the power at that low of rpm. If it's real rich though,lean it out and see what happens before you dig into the pump, maybe it will come alive?. If you don't get much improvements though, I would think about changing the cam, go with high lift and low duration!. Just my worthless opinion!...

Racing Ray
    Back Forty:
    Lakesonly, what type of coating is on your headers? Do the ceramic coatings come in black?
    Hell thats almost sexy looking.
    Very nice! Techline does sell Black Satin ceramic coatings. Available at Summit Racing. To bake it on you simply need to run them dry a few minutes. Intakes bake in your oven when the wife is not around.

LakesOnly
    Racing Ray:
    Techline does sell Black Satin ceramic coatings. Available at Summit Racing. To bake it on you simply need to run them dry a few minutes. Intakes bake in your oven when the wife is not around. Thank you Racing Ray...I need to look into this because my header paint didn't stand a chance. It looks like black crinkle paint now!
    LO

LakesOnly
    GofastRacer:
    Nice looking boat man!. Do you want to run 7500??, average jet boats run 5500 to 6000!. I use Dyno and it's decent(BTW, what are the numbers at that RPM?), if you're power and torque is way up there then I'd say you have the wrong cam profile, you need a cam with a power range from 5500 to 6500 range. Right now you arn't making the power at that low of rpm. If it's real rich though,lean it out and see what happens before you dig into the pump, maybe it will come alive?. If you don't get much improvements though, I would think about changing the cam, go with high lift and low duration!. Just my worthless opinion!... GFR,
    Truth be told, I did not do a series of runs or any testing otherwise for the new data; I basically did two passes for the video clip and had a look at my GPS (matter-of-factly). With a rejet, some ignition timing adjustments, etc, 75 m.p.h. is very attainable (without trimming the impeller for more top speed).
    As far as reference material goes, my old Jet Propulsion Calculator readings of last year put me at 420 HP. With that given input, the Desired Output rpm of 5300 (which my engine can now turn the impeller) shows 551 HP. This is dead-on what I was shooting for. Changes include agressive head porting, headers and of course the carbs and tunnel ram (SCJ portsize w/matched intakes). Motor turns the same pump 500 r.p.m. more.
    I am pleased that the motor turns 5300 and am optimistic that I can get another 100-200 r.p.m. with tweek and tune.
    The cam is not particularly agressive, nor is it right for a Ford (.565/232@.050/108LC); in fact, I chose to keep the same cam for the new build for reliability reasons. But upon first hearing the new engine on the trailer, my first thought was, "****, these heads need a cam...." But I understand your point that more cam may result in less usable horsepower with the current impeller's operating range.
    Hey, I'm happy!
    LO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345