Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DCB Mach 26

dcb4life
    Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
    I had 2.5 offshores. One motor came from the factory with a computer problem which finally took mercury flying a tech out from wisconsin 2 months to fix in the middle of the summer. The motor would decide not to start if it did not feel like it. This motor also was delivered with one of the water pickups not drilled out (talk about quality control).
    The other motor kept breaking gear cases and prop shafts. I had parts literally falling off the boat such as swim steps and interior pieces. The amp for my stereo was also destroyed because of vibration. They finally traced the problem to a bent crankshaft in this other motor. I finally had enough and Dave took the boat back.
    I was just wondering if you obtained your speeds on gps or radar? the best my boat ran was 106, and that was very light on fuel with just my girlfriend and I in very cool weather (febuary). I know the 2.5's run a little faster that the 300's. I talked to a guy out at Havasu with the 300x's and he said he was getting 108. I have ran against two outboard Mach 26's with my blower boat and spanked them both. One had 2.5's and the other had 300's. I pulled the one with 300's harder than the one with 2.5's. The best I have seen on my current boat was 105 on gps, and the speedo reads about 4 mph faster (this was with 4 persons on board, but light on fuel). I am still playing with props though and should be good for a little more with the right prop and a light load.
    [This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited December 19, 2001).]
    Sounds like you have a sweet setup with the blown DCB. I'm just biased for some reason about outboards, don't ask me why. As far as top speed, I have a Garmin GPS which I obtained 105.7 mph. This was in September, so the engines weren't running too hot, I was also using Merc 4 blade lab finished cleavers. What size engine do u have in the Mach? 509? Seems about right for the speed you're getting. It's the 150 HP you have over the 300's. What kind of drive do u have? Broken any? That was my problem.By the way, what color is your Mach? Ive probably seen u at the river.
    Kevin

MrHavasuCat
    I have a blown Blosdale 510 running 9# boost (about 750-800 hp). The standard setup 510 has been dynoed at about 750 hp but I have done some valve train upgrades and am not sure how much hp I gained. I am running an xr drive currently with 1.35's, previously with 1.50's. I have had no problems with the drive at all. My boat is white with red, black, and grey gel. It has a scoop that matches the gel. the name is "psycho therapy".
    The speeds you are getting out of your 300's is very good. I know one of the other mach's at Havasu with 300's runs between 95-100 mph. Those 4 blade cleavers must be the ticket. My 2.5's seemed to like 3 blade lab merc cleavers the best. I had some lightning et's as well but they hurt my top end. Good luck with the boat, I will see you at the lake.

MACH26
    My boat is Yellow/Grey/Purple one. I guess I'm on the younger side(23 yrs old), it has the same scheme as Mr. Havasucat's old Mach26. So if you ever see me, no it isn't my dad's boat, I'm tired of being asked that http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif.

MACH26
    Forgot to tell you, Dave did a set of lab 34 pitch 4 blades for me and they work sweeeeet! I had tried everything from bravos to the choppers and nothing can touch these.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12