Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lossed a great friend!!

I spoke to Jay's wife, Denise, a while ago ... we (NJBA) will be setting up something for donations that everyone will be able to help her through this tough time.
    I spent a short time with her, her children & crew yesterday while unloading the broken parts from my truck into their trailer ... and you could see the sadness.
    I wish them well.
    Brian Busby
    NJBA President / Race Director

Campbell's MM Good
    Brian,
    Please keep us posted on what the Board decides to do. I know that Jeff and I are praying for Jay's family and we would like to help in any way we can.

not to change the subject here, but why doesn't all boat racer's not have a kill switch in their boats? the njba should require all boats to have one. this is very sad to have this happen and leave a wife and kids like this :cry: . i am sorry for this family to have to go through this. my boat was a back up boat to another boat that did not have a kill switch and hit the hillside at ming from what i reseach i did on it.

Bt273
    not to change the subject here, but why doesn't all boat racer's not have a kill switch in their boats? the njba should require all boats to have one. this is very sad to have this happen and leave a wife and kids like this :cry: . i am sorry for this family to have to go through this. my boat was a back up boat to another boat that did not have a kill switch and hit the hillside at ming from what i reseach i did on it.
    They do require it,and you have to show that it works during your tech inspection,along with other safety items as well, but you have to explain what a backup boat and hillside of ming means!

Bt273
    wish his family well,thoughts and prayers.

campbell0691
    Yes it was a all but sad day for us. Another brother racer has departed our world and has been lifted up to the lord. I can only give my condolences to Denise and her children, And especially Mickala!!! Im so sorry!!!!
    I have been myself having this play back through my mind over and over again . This happend to mike my brother 2-1/2 years ago. If theres anything that I can do to help, please let me know!!!!!
    Jeffery Fry
    NJBA Announcer Dude

In time my friends.
    Lets keep the family in mind right now.
    My deepest sympathy's to the Wallace family.

Sangster
    Our thoughts are with the Wallace family...Mike & Jeff Abbott

Moneypitt
    I don't know what type of power this boat had, but an ignition kill switch may not function in a WOT blown alky deal. The engine keeps running until the fuel is shut off.......MP

Sanger D
    I jst got off the phone with Denise,She is a very strong and wonderful woman,she's holding up pretty danm good(better than me),she made it very clear to me ( she's kinda pushy like that )that Jay absolutely loved what he was doing, Jay has been racing stuff since he was a young teenager and loved everything that has an engine. This guy was a total perfectionist,if anyone has ever seen my ole Sanger,you'll know what I mean.She told me that he was very proud to be apart of the race family out there and had the upmost respect for everyone there.I know I am very proud to call him my friend,I had alot of good times hanging out in his garage talking shop and making fun!!!!!This guy is as genuine as they come.I will hurt and miss him for a long time to come.His ride was a beuatiful,demarco,blown alky dealio that was as sano as they come,did it all himself(with the help of his beautiful and incredible wife),we should all be so lucky to be as respected and loved as Jay is.His Military record is impeccable,the man is an outstanding individual.she said a memorial for him will be held on the 20th and ALL racers are welcome,I'll talk to her in a coulpe of days and she 'll tell me where, and what time and I'll post it(if its not done sooner) so if your some what near the Vegas area,I'm sure you are more than welcome to attend.sorry for carrying on but I felt compelled to give you a little insight on the man,he's a really special dude (as you all are).Thanks for raeding...............Darin aka Sangerless D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast