Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan

MagicMtnDan
    This link was supposedly a letter drafted by Bush as a reply to her....
    letter (http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/002289.html)
    C'mon JBB, that's a bunch of satirical BS. Why not post some threads with links to Michael Moore eating a cow pie? :sqeyes:

MagicMtnDan
    What would cindy Sheehan be doing these days if her son died:
    A. in a videotape shown on TV in which her son's head is nearly decapitated by a radical Muslim wielding a knife?
    or
    B. in the Trade Center towers on 9/11?

SmokinLowriderSS
    I used to feel sorry for her being a pawn, but she likes the attention now. My pitty has become a solid case of distain, rapidly becoming disgust.

rodnjen
    Well written I agree, but she has a legitimate beef just the same. I realize mine is an unpopular opinion here, but there are a lot of us who respect our military but disagree with the stated reasons for their being there.

sam pioske
    If Ms Sheenan hates it here so much, let me buy her a ticket to any of better places she has in mind. I know alot of you would do so also, but my idea FIRST on these boards, my credit card is waiting. rotten bitch

GMFL
    Well written I agree, but she has a legitimate beef just the same. I realize mine is an unpopular opinion here, but there are a lot of us who respect our military but disagree with the stated reasons for their being there.
    She may have a beef against the war, however, the original letter above did not address that at all. Her issue is that she is blaming Bush for "killing" her son. The fact is, that her son volunteered to stand up and do what he believed in. That is to serve his country. In doing so, unfortunately, he paid the ultimate price. That was his decision, and she hates her son for it. Sheehan has decided to "get back" at her son for his decision by trampling on his grave and, as the letter suggest, potentially other service members graves as well.
    The lady is selfish and I'm sure, hurting, but her actions are irresponsible.
    Her son served, I'm sure proudly, and she is dragging his body through her own remorseful dirt. She should be ashamed.
    If you don't like the war, speak up about it. That's what our military is for. To protect our rights to do that.
    However, don't drag the men and women who decide to protect our country through your own personal mud.
    It was his decision to serve, a mother should respect that in her child whether she agrees with it or not.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Well....
    You are allowed your opinion.....and even though you and I may disagree, I would still respect your opinion.....until.....
    You start blaming Bush directly for your son's death....
    You make a foolish statement that Bush is waging nuclear war against Iraq...
    You state that Bush is a terrorist.....
    You overshadow your son's sacrafice with your taste for the spotlight...
    You become a miserable, stinking, stupid, f'ing biatch who has dishonored her son...
    Thank you Casey.....GOD's Speed......Thank you for your sacrifice so that my son & daughter may not have to do the same.....
    I will remember you for what YOU did for us.......Not for what your mother is doing to us....
    CJG

ekimzark
    you should live just a few miles from crawford....they always put that attention ***** on the local tv....drives me crazy.
    Yesterday there was a guy who ran an ad on the local channel challenging her to a debate b/c he didn't want his sons name displayed on one of her crosses. I think its pretty cool what he's doing anything to draw attention away from her dumb ass.

rodnjen
    I agree that blame is not what this should be about, for either side. Hopefully everyone now understands what a serious commitment military service is, I respect any and all who voluteer.
    I still disagree with the current administration on a number of issues, but all I can do is vote. I have in every election since I was 18 and I will until the day I die.

CA Stu
    If Ms Sheenan hates it here so much, let me buy her a ticket to any of better places she has in mind. I know alot of you would do so also, but my idea FIRST on these boards, my credit card is waiting. rotten bitch
    This "Love it or Leave it" mentality is the most unAmerican attitude ever, and it's alarmingly prevalent.
    One of the many reasons to love America is the freedom we enjoy to express our views. If someone exercises that right, and they want to change America (for the better in their mind), who the hell are you to tell them to leave?
    You're no patriot, you're a xenophobic racist chickenhawk bigot, and a disgrace to the flag you so smallmindedly wave.
    Would you telll Martin Luther King to "get the hell out"? How about Abraham Lincoln? FDR?
    What gives you the right to tell anyone to leave the United States of America?
    I suspect that most of the "America: Love it or get the hell out" crowd won't have the mental fortitude to see the irony in that very statement, and I sure don't have the patience or intelligenge to pound it into their Neanderthal skulls.
    That sticker should say "America: Land of the Free. Love it or hate it, pay your taxes and vote!"
    Thanks
    CA Stu <-- American by choice
    PS Mrs Sheehan is wrong to the core, I reckon, but I respect her right to voice her opinion. God Bless America.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast