Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Letter to Cindy Sheehan

Blown 472
    [QUOTE=CA Stu]This "Love it or Leave it" mentality is the most unAmerican attitude ever, and it's alarmingly prevalent.
    One of the many reasons to love America is the freedom we enjoy to express our views. If someone exercises that right, and they want to change America (for the better in their mind), who the hell are you to tell them to leave?
    You're no patriot, you're a xenophobic racist chickenhawk bigot, and a disgrace to the flag you so smallmindedly wave.
    Would you telll Martin Luther King to "get the hell out"? How about Abraham Lincoln? FDR?
    What gives you the right to tell anyone to leave the United States of America?
    I suspect that most of the "America: Love it or get the hell out" crowd won't have the mental fortitude to see the irony in that very statement, and I sure don't have the patience or intelligenge to pound it into their Neanderthal skulls.
    That sticker should say "America: Land of the Free. Love it or hate it, pay your taxes and vote!"
    Thanks
    CA Stu <-- American by choice
    Amen.

Keith E. Sayre
    I too have a step son who flies in and out of Baghdad twice a week in a C130.
    I also believe that this "person" is doing nothing more than giving the enemy a
    bit of hope in an otherwise helpless situation for them. Any glimmer of hope
    will allow them to gather more momentum and optimism so therefore just like
    Jane Fonda did in Vietnam, this lady is giving the opposition the idea that we
    are a divided people and one that could be defeated.
    While I don't know about the "love it or leave it" comments, I've lived outside
    of this great country and I have no desire to go anywere outside of our borders again. I thank God that I live here and have the rights that I do
    and I thank those kids in uniform that we won't be fighting terrorists here
    at home in the near future. Without them and their sacrifices, I truly believe
    that the WTC was just the beginning and terrorists would have been here in full force by now, right on Main Street.
    To those in uniform: God bless you all. To our President--stay the course.
    To the lady in Crawford Texas, go stay in Afghanistan for a month on your
    own. Then let us know if you still want to continue your misguided effort.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats

Big Warlock
    These are the threads I live for. Well said everyone! Thos ethat want to leave should pack up and move asap!!! Last round, lots of talk but no one left. That was a shame!!!
    This woman is a nut case!! Plain and simple. The President has already met with her. And he has explained a couple of hundred times the reasons we are there.
    Hee is something that can help the other side understand:
    Read the 9-11 commision report. If you haven't, shut up!!! You are talking out your butt!!! (that was a bi partisan report, FYI)
    Again, great topic! Some excellent views presented and excellent writing. There is hope for our country yet!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123