Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it me, or does this look like a scam?

Kurtis500
    I cant see a 426 crate motor going for this price. Says its a no reserve auction, and if you want to buy it now for $2400..??..
    Someone help me here, I must be missing something.
    http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....5?aucview=0x23

Blown 472
    There is talk of some scam on the mopar boards bout some hemi engine that you can never get ahold of the guy or something, perhaps this is it.

UBFJ #454
    The early versions of the new crate 426 HEMI's have major casting flaws that make them very short lived ... especially if you start increasing their Hp. Maybe that partially explains the low price.
    Kurtis, which station are you working these days?

burbanite
    I wondered about this one, the no reserve and a low starting bid are the things that makes me go hmmmm...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2422998959

Kurtis500
    Hello Blackbear. I'm moving around every shift driving the trucks now. I have to call in at 6:15 every morning and ask where I'm going that day. With a station as far as 59th and Happy Valley, and one in the Foothills, it could be anywhere!
    I was looking at 426 stuff, because after the World Finals, I'm going to sell all my early hemi parts and go with the late model hemi for next year.
    Are you going to San Diego Sept 19-21st? I talked to IHBA today and they said its division 1 and the top 8 in points for each class will be invited. If someone turns it down they ask the next guy until 8 spots are filled. The points are totalled from Phx and Red Bluff. Thats the word anyways. I'm in the middle of building my stand alone shop to expand the carbon fiber biz.
    We live pretty close if I remember right. In fact I just had lunch at Subway at 16st and Glendale...close to where your at I think.

396_Z
    Burb, I'd be more hesitant about the just registered, no feedback and from Canada issues.

wsm9808
    Yea, be carefull, I got screwed out of 500.00 for a set of lightning marine exhaust on ebay by a guy in Canada. Its a good thing I dont have access to any cruise missiles.

burbanite
    Yes, I think there are too many flags up for me to think seriously about something like that.
    So far I have had good luck with all of my eBay deals, and made some good contacts at the same time.

Kurtis500
    well, heres the e-mails so far.
    me: how much for the motor shipped to my door in area code 85012?
    him: If you will buy it immediatly then shipping is FREE!
    me: OK! can you send it COD?
    him: Hello,
    I'm private person who sell engines from my supplier. I can't accept COD.
    Engines are located on the warehouse and it will be shipped after payment
    arrive to bank account. Other ways are not acceptable.
    me: What is the address i am to send it to? Do you have any references
    of other buyers I can talk to?
    Thats the latest word for word. I'll keep you updated on the latest. I smell something very fishy here.

powerplay230
    Hmmmm now my question would be if there is a buy it now option at $2400 why would the bid be up to $3050. Like I said earlier Hmmmmm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast