Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I Was Just Fishing and Releasing My 3rd Bass, Minding my Own business

daddy b
    When this beautiful 79 Sanger Sprint Jet with the purple and blue paint on white came rumbling by, big cam, headers, 460 Ford, single four barrel sounding good you know. We wave sitting in our bbc Centurion just fishing ya know. We drift with the wind catching some white bass(little killers) when we drift upon these guys, seem cool, we talk boat and motors and paint just enjoying the day. We decide to leave and fish some more.... they gradually catch up, were doing 5 mph, they pass then get on it a little, then I got on it a little just to clear the water out of the pipes just fishing ya know, they hear the pipes and then I hear their pipes the horse power is rumbling in the canyons, he's got a head start, we are gaining on them in the 468, glass water, we start to pull away, he loses, power, drifts off to the right, and up the bank 45 degree angle, boat out of the water completely @ 20 mph, boat slides back down bank, swamps, and sinks. :sqeyes: Bow sticking up for quite a while so we got a good rope to the front. No injuries boat virtually undamaged. I told them I could help, or they could leave it tied to the tree. Well, I've never done it before but I've seen it done, started to pull the boat it flips upside down and sinks in 30 feet of water. I reverse directions to get bottom to come up first, and it still came up, up side down.
    I reversed directions again, get tension on the line, and give it hell, it pops up right side up and we start dragging this beauty, back to the dock 7 miles away. I had another boat pull up next to the sanger to get let the driver jump back in and hit the pump and it still worked as he also pumped by hand. They were lucky, many cliffs and rocks, could have been really bad. Still was hard to watch, but I feel lucky that I managed to raise the beast, took alot of power, potentially dangerous situation came out good. He ran out of gas, no rudder, no steering, the boat pulled right into the only beach area around. smart boat, unlucky driver. Made me want to be more careful fishing and minding my own business, ya know.
    daddy b :rollside:

FuelInMyVeins82
    Good story sux for the guy w/ ford though. So you catch ne big ones?

daddy b
    Three white bass, all about one and a half to two pounds, and one sanger bass 1500 pounds, fish green, sanger blue.
    daddy b

Squirtin Thunder
    Three white bass, all about one and a half to two pounds, and one sanger bass 1500 pounds, fish green, sanger blue.
    daddy b
    Where were you when you cought this Sanger Custom Sprint Bass ???

atxwrangler
    thanx for the story,it was very enjoyable!i feel sorry the sanger owner! :lightsabe

daddy b
    Where were you when you cought this Sanger Custom Sprint Bass ???
    Welllllll, I really don't want to say because I don't think they like loud boats fishing that fast next to other boats. I told the guy about this site if he ever needed info, he said he would check it out. I felt bad for him, they were sick about it, made me feel sick. They had never seen anyone bring a boat up, and I had never done it, but felt confident about doing it, I can think of some bad things that could have happened, like sinking my own boat and there were only two other boats that saw the beach party. If he wants to come on here and tell the story from the drivers seat, he might say buttttttttt there was a fishing speed limit we might have been bending, trolling trolling trolling ya know.
    daddy b

daddy b
    Oh yeah, he ran out of gas in one tank and he had a manual direction valve at the back of boat instead of a free flowing T. I was about to put one of those on my boat but not now. I really try to keep my boat running good so things don't just cut out like that. The boat drifted right, I wonder if that was the full tank side?
    daddy b

hold-on
    daddy b .....thank you for saving the bacon. My buddy ZIPPY and I were out looking for good fishing, daddy b pointed us down a ways and said, "good bass down that a ways" so we start off, minding the 5mph limit mind you. So daddy decides to beat us to the good fish! . In all the excitement ZIPPY forgets about the fuel switch... :sleeping: and the darn thing shuts down at the WRONG TIME. Sooooo we hit the beach and Zippy's boat decides to sink, ass first. I tell Zippy ....Your a IDIOT. :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:. daddy b pulls up at just the right time, barks out some orders...the line is hooked up, the boat gets adjusted somewhat. He takes off, 454 screaming but sounding very sweet under the load. I could not beleve it.. :jawdrop: -the darn thing came up like submarine. Zippy jumps into another boat and they took him up alongside his ready to sink boat. He jumped in (hollywood style) and started bailing like mad! So the story ended up a lot better than it should have thanks to the skill and seamanship of daddy b! The sanger is fine, zippy tells me that it will be running by this weekend.
    Thank you daddy. and thank you to the other boater who drove the crew back to shore.

Aqua Boogie1
    Dangerous but good job Daddy b!!!!!!!!!

daddy b
    Thankyou guys, I appreciate the kind words, we live a slightly dangerous life, :supp: fishing for fast fish , but the conditions were perfect, truely spectacular, and it was really fun fishing with you guys. I can't seem to keep my lure in the water at those trolling speeds, but when the fish are jumping, you just gotta fish. I'm glad the boat is ok, it was dark when we made the dock I hoped for minimal damage. My wife said she thought she was in a James Bond movie. Now which one of us was James? We'll meet again my friends.
    daddy b :rollside:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast