Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ROZ - Stereo help?

1stepcloser
    He said Carver and Harmon Kardon amps.... Was that hooked up to a Yahama, Concord, or Denon headunit?

Heh heh, you said "concord"
    Back around '85 or '86 I ran a Concord deck, it was the first I saw with line level pre-outs, to a ADS 100 watt 2 channel amp, mixed mono to a pair of Jensen 3 way 6X9's and a single ADS 8" subwoofer using nothing more than a coil to filter, in a crude sealed enclosure.
    This was in a 68 Camaro, the 6X9's were on the rear shelf. In my feeble memory, that car really rocked!

Tom Brown
    I remember Concord. Wow.
    I also remember putting a system together in the very late 70s using component drivers I bought from... [cough]... Radio Shack.
    It sounded kinda good to my cheap assed high school ears. There were no car subs back then. Those drivers were meant for building home speakers. They survived OK in the car, though. I had a surround tear one winter but it didn't make any difference to the sound.

ROZ
    Sony, actually. I had an XR-66 cassette deck and then went to that first generation DIN mount CD player that sounded unbelievably great and skipped like a mo-fo on the tiniest of bumps.
    I remember the first Sony... Cartridge indash cd... My buddy go one. I think there were only like 4 cd's even available at the time...lmoa....
    I'm waiting for someone to top me with a story on how they lithographed their own power ICs.
    Do you want to know which Lighograph technique I used?
    BTW ROZ, you should probably help this guy so this thread isn't a total waste.
    He pm'd me and I replied back... As always, I'll try to do what I can
    BTW... I went a round ot two with RadioShack speakers, caps, and coils
    1Step is old... He had a Concord and Jensen 6x9's in an oldschool camero
    Oh, did I mention that infinity 6x9's in the back of a 64.5 Mustang sounded pretty good

riverbound
    did I mention that infinity 6x9's in the back of a 64.5 Mustang sounded pretty good
    I had 4 6x9's in the back deck of mine and a bass tube...sounded good at the time :frown:

77charger
    However, he doesn't sell that Kicker crap, if that's what you're looking for.

you,re just mad cause the squares just hit harder

Havasu Hangin'
    you,re just mad cause the squares just hit harder
    A sledgehammer also hits harder...but it still sounds like crap.

ROZ
    A sledgehammer also hits harder...but it still sounds like crap.
    DOH

Tom Brown
    I had 4 6x9's in the back deck of mine and a bass tube...sounded good at the time :frown:
    Geezer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123