Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Filter?

Bow Tie Omega
    Hey Rexone, what dont you have???

[ May 03, 2003, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Backtanner
    Bow Tie Omega:
    Hey Rexone, what dont you have??? A catalog!!

Fired Up
    Wfodude,
    Why nooooooooo Pennzoil?

burbanite
    Backtanner:
    Bow Tie Omega:
    Hey Rexone, what dont you have??? A catalog!! Now that's funny!........again

wfodude
    Fired Up:
    Wfodude,
    Why nooooooooo Pennzoil? Pennzoil is a parafin based oil...Meaning wax.it will gum up and sludge a motor faster than anything on the planet...except quaker state cause last time we looked into it they were from the same base. I could have a motor hit my shop and tell the owner if he used pennz just by looking in it. People would crap when I would tell them they used pennzoil but I was always correct. I'm not saying it doesn't lubricate ok,Which I'm sure it does (But then again the only motor I ever had a bearing failure on was a super modified motor running pennz)...Hmmmmmm...It just sludges a motor FAST

blowngas
    wfodude:
    Fired Up:
    Wfodude,
    Why nooooooooo Pennzoil? Pennzoil is a parafin based oil...Meaning wax.it will gum up and sludge a motor faster than anything on the planet...except quaker state cause last time we looked into it they were from the same base. I could have a motor hit my shop and tell the owner if he used pennz just by looking in it. People would crap when I would tell them they used pennzoil but I was always correct. I'm not saying it doesn't lubricate ok,Which I'm sure it does (But then again the only motor I ever had a bearing failure on was a super modified motor running pennz)...Hmmmmmm...It just sludges a motor FAST They must have changed up their formula---since I'm older than dirt, I ran it in a BBC back in the mid sixtys, changed oil and filter every 2500 miles, had a piston break under the oil ring at 80,000 miles----pulled it down, the bores still had the factory hone marks in them, the bearings were spotless, pressed on a new piston with fresh rings in the one cylinder and drove it another 60,000 miles----they didn't have synthetic oils then---pennzoil was pretty good stuff

LakesOnly

Fired Up
    Wfodude,
    What over the counter oil do you recommend?

wfodude
    Depends on the application. In my Alky motor I use Kendall. It seems to hold up to the dilutional effects of methanol really well. Torco is also really great in race applications. For my all around choice I use Valvoline.It goes in my truck as well as mamas suburban. I'm sure the synthetics kick ass but I change my oil like religion at 2500-3000 miles so it doesn't seem like the extra cost would be worth it. Some day maybe I'll win the lotto and will try royal purple I hear it's excellent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast