Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil Filter?

mickeyfinn
    I haven't got long term engine experience with Royal Purple but I have close to 12 years experience with it in industrial use. We had rotating gearboxes which were going out every 6 months. Oil analysis indicated the oil was wore out after the first 30 days showing significant amount of metals in it after about 15. We made the switch after a test with Royal Purple. We started with one gearbox and started with an analysis after 30 days. That continued for 12 months after which we switched to quarterly analysis. It has now been about 12 years and that gearbox is still running on the original oil......Well it has probably been through a change or two due to topping off after pulling samples for analysis. Gearbox temps dropped 15% and amp draw was reduced. I'm sold. I have been running it in my vehicles for a couple of years now with great luck.....Best part is that it absolutely will not emulsify. So if you do happen to get a little h20 in the oil you can run it back to the dock with no problem. Royal Purple is good chit but the one thing its not is cheap. So if you are not going to take advantage of it use a cheaper synthetic.

Fired Up
    Great link on the oil filter comparisons. What does that say about Fram fuel filters.......?

wfodude
    If their fuel filters are like their oil filters I wouldn't run one on a bicycle. I use System 1 for my fuel also

blowngas
    I put Mobil 1 in my suburban when I bought it new---it now has 236,000 miles on it and everthing still looks good---change oil and filter every 10k miles---use synethic gear oil in the casale and the howling goes away and runs a lot cooler---nothing else goes in the blower

Ross
    NAPA the absolute worst. Not unusual to find bad threads on them.
    I always seem to find the best oil pressure with the OEM recommended/branded filters.
    Ya pay Peanuts,,, Ya Get Monkeys"

Blown 472
    I put a hastings filter on this weekend, car has great presure now, 70 psi while cruising. 30 psi at 800 rpm idle in gear. Hastings is made by baldwin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123