Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AN Fittings

Fired Up
    I have a couple of new AN fittings that leak, actually seep is a better description. They are in the fuel line where I know some of the fuel settles (at the fuel pump, below the fuel tank). None of the locations are where there is fuel hose. All the fittings are brand new. I don't want to overtighten them and I've read its not a good idea to use teflon tape in the fuel assembly. Any suggestions for eliminating leaks?

RandyH
    I have had great luck with all my AN stuff. I would take them back and exchange them. Somethings wrong with them would be my guess.
    Its one of the best things I ever did on my boat.
    Good LUck
    Randy

flat broke
    Fired up,
    The AN portion of the fitting should absolutely not be leaking. If it is, and you have them tight, take em back. Now if your talking about the NPT to AN adapter that you would thread into a pipe tapped hole, that is a different story. There is a brush on teflon sealant you can buy that is safe for fuel systems. The problem with the tape is that if you get some of it threaded down in the orifice, it will get introduced into the fuel system components and clog small orifices like those found in metering blocks etc.
    Good luck,
    Chris

Fired Up
    Thanks for the reply guys. Flat Broke, thats exactly where its leaking from, the AN to NPT adapter going into the fuel pump, the same going into the bottom of my IMCO fuel tank. I'll try looking for the liquid teflon sealant. Thanks again !

dossangers
    XRP fittings best in the buiss. most are made in china now shit! hawaii racing simi valley has everything.

Yes I agree, XRP are the best quality. We carry them also

Fired Up
    Mike,
    I requested a Rex Marine catalog a couple of weeks ago. How long before it gets delivered in So Cal? Want to order a temp gauge, but don't see it on the website. Thanks..

Backtanner
    Fired Up:
    Mike,
    I requested a Rex Marine catalog a couple of weeks ago. How long before it gets delivered in So Cal? Want to order a temp gauge, but don't see it on the website. Thanks..Look under the sale link....looks like most if not all their gauges are on sale. Rex Gauge Sale

Fired Up
    I saw those. The one I was told to look for was a screw in type that just screws into the side of the head. It's not a dash gauge. It's mechanical not electric or with any additional sending unit. Its supposed to be from Rex. Not having the catalog or web reference to go by makes it more difficult to buy. Any ideas?

The gauge you're after is a part number 242177 (dry) or a 242277 (liquid filled)..recomend the liquid for longevity. It has a 3/8 pipe and probe on the back and is designed for screwing directly into the head. Price is 49.97 for liquid, 33.80 for dry version, both are in stock. Sorry these aren't on the site quite yet, will be soon. Still working on page production and don't have a precise finish date quite yet. We have everyone's name that has sent it in from the website on the list to receive free though as soon as we print them. If not signed up yet just fill out the form on the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast